Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2019, 02:00 AM

Default Crankshaft Bearings - Old Style Vs New Style

So I've had a few false starts with my rebuild. Finally got the right gasket set after getting mucked around by a supplier who insisted 2002 - 2011 are all the same. Now it seems I've got the wrong left crank bearing.

My bike is a 2011 EC 250 Enduro apparently. But I ordered a LH crank bearing from Haines to suit that year and it looks like this:

Yep, that's the new one installed and all assembly-lubed up - duh.

Problem is, the one that came out, and the one that fits my crank is the old style, like this:

(Shout out to RockefellerGG's rebuild thread - he's a legend).

I just assumed I got the new style because it superceded the old one. Nope - the crank is a completely different size where it fits into the bearing.

I can order the correct one from Haines (bit pricey but they have it in stock, and I'm guessing it's non-standard).

But I'm a bit worried that I have some kind of Frankenstein mix-and-match engine. Later model gaskets but old-style crank and bearing. Maybe other parts won't fit?

Any ideas, reassurances, or internet-hugs welcome, just want to get the bike back together so I can go riding again.

Cheers
Julian