Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 03-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopernicus View Post
In my experiences in Colorado, plates are generally not needed unless you are riding through major towns. We have an OHV sticker program for $25.25 and the sticker allows you to ride for 1 year on one bike (if you stick it to one bike, that is!) on approved trails and most forest roads. There are literally thousands of miles that are legal to ride in Colorado so get yourself ready! As for plating bikes: It used to be easier to plate a bike than a car (really! when I first moved to my current town in 1997 I saw a 1974 KX-450 riding down a street with a plate on it!! No lie, no exaggeration!) but now it's just "easy" to do...You will have no trouble plating a bike that has DOT tires, head light, brake lights, speedometer/odometer, and an electric horn (the toughest thing to do). The State Police here are very helpful with this!
I ride a 2007 EC300 with 2011 plastics. Once I get a rear brake light it shouldn't be hard to get plated.

Thank you all for your posts, I am glad to see that there is an active riding scene out there.

Dirt Bike riding, mtb riding, skiing, rock climbing all in one place...I cant wait to get back out west. We decided to move to Durango because my wife got a good job offer there, we were looking for a lifestyle change and a better place to raise our kids...so far so good.

I will look you guys up once we get settled in. I need to do a top end job on my bike and then I should be ready to ride. BTW, I have a set of Trelleborgs and I am willing to ride in just about any condition...except mud, I don't want to damage any trails.

Matthew