Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 07-18-2011, 06:44 PM

Default SingleTrack on my GG300

This is my personal 7.5 mile training loop in the front yard. Nice combo tight single track, with elevation change, creek crossings, rock, logs, sand, grass track...yea I know, I'm spoiled. I know I'm riding like a puss, but I'm four weeks out of shoulder surgery and it's 90F out.

http://mmcconaughy.smugmug.com/Motor...7_JxGzqFC-A-LB

http://mmcconaughy.smugmug.com/Motor...8_7JTksCb-A-LB

http://mmcconaughy.smugmug.com/Motor...3_LTjjL55-A-LB

Guess you can't embed videos here?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Is that a hill? A hill in your back yard? Toto, we aren't in Houston any more... when are you having us all up?

Rotator Cuff? Had mine done back in mid March, still not supposed to be riding but I have been out twice. the scaring is really limiting my range of motion. I just got cleared to start doing some weight rehab. Would be interested in hearing another riders experiences.
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:18 PM

Wow, 7.5 mile loop in the front yard, yes you are spoiled.

The squalling clutch is the same noise mine is making. Hoping to remedy that soon though.

Great videos.
t
Old 07-19-2011, 06:05 PM

My clutch has squawked since new. Gets worse the hotter it gets. It will squawk leaving from a stop in first gear, so it's not just from being in a gear too high. I also put a Rekluse Core EXP clutch in and it still sqawks.

I have convinced myself it's not hurting anything, just real annoying.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:09 PM

I had a bone spur irritating my rotator cuff. It was mildly annoying, but the doc was concerned it might eventially tear my cuff, if I didn't get it fixed. I had arthroscopic surgery, so not as evasive as regular rotator surgery.

Four weeks later I would say I'm 80%. Still is sore, worse than before the surgery and my strength is still down. But it's getting better quickly. I hoping in another month, I will be better than new. Plus I'm 55, so I don't bounce back as quickly as you young guys.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:36 PM

I'm not sure many "young guys" frequent this forum.

I bought my first dirt bike about a year ago. Riding has made my shoulders, back, and arms stronger than ever. Now i just need to keep working on my legs. Racing cross country and enduros has taken 15 pounds off me in the last year. Ive had a few bruises too, but only one set of x-rays so far (negative by the way).

Keep riding, its great rehab for the body and mind.

t
Old 07-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Man, you are much better off! I had a substantial tear in the RC tendon and also apparently tore my bicep tendon too...and I pretty much blame it all on another GasGas'er Zipped under a partially down tree and thought there were just leaves (where the other GG'er comes in, he made it though) I went under at about 25 and thought that I knocked my arm off...Yeah, I actually looked down to see if it was still there! Finished a 30 mile ride and then noticed some bruising. Got it fixed a year later and spent 9 weeks in a sling, arm is a noodle. Best of luck on the rehab. I am 53 and agree that things don't fix as fast as they used to do.
Rob
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.