Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:08 AM

Default Internally cleaning exhaust

Can any one tell me the best stuff i can use as my exhaustseems to be dripping a bit of like black greasy oil out thanks

Old 06-12-2011, 08:33 AM

Repack that silencer and you should be good. You will get some spooge. It's the nature of 2 strokes. You should be getting a little run off the back of the silencer but not too much. You can also play will your oil gas mixture a little.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Plus what 2t oil are you running. Not all created equal. I like the Amsoil is best, with limited spooge.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:37 PM

find yourself a buddy and a 5 mile long forest service road with no traffic on it. Go RACING! Get that Gasser up on the pipe and keep it there for a few minutes at a time. You WILL be able to tell when your getting it cleaned out .Rev the snot(this is not just a figure of speech here) out of it and hold on,as it burns out the crud inside the pipe you will feel how hard your bike can pull and how responsive it can be. repeat as often as nessacary throughout your riding season!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
find yourself a buddy and a 5 mile long forest service road with no traffic on it. Go RACING! Get that Gasser up on the pipe and keep it there for a few minutes at a time. You WILL be able to tell when your getting it cleaned out .Rev the snot(this is not just a figure of speech here) out of it and hold on,as it burns out the crud inside the pipe you will feel how hard your bike can pull and how responsive it can be. repeat as often as nessacary throughout your riding season!
This method would do as much good for the rider as the exhaust - kinda like cleansing your pipe and your soul at the same time!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:41 AM

Ha ha brilliant cheers. I use putoline mx 9 two stroke
Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 AM

As far as cleaning the silencer, the one thing I look for is old disintegrated packing in the very back of the tube. That packing can pack up back there and restrict the exhaust flow reducing low end torque as well as upper revs. I use a metal hook to clean it out.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:20 PM

there's not much that's quite as much fun as my exhaust cleanse technique either. pulling over for a laugh after a couple of runs like this, and having your silencer still smoking like a six gun at the ok corral ! it's good for you and your bike.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:01 PM

Just make sure that your main jet is right or you will have one seized top end....
Old 06-18-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
Plus what 2t oil are you running. Not all created equal. I like the Amsoil is best, with limited spooge.
People may get the impression that Amsoil has only one 2stroke oil but that is not the case they have 4. HP Injector is the cheapest and is also recommended as a good premix for motorcycles. Dominator is their racing oil and would be best for people who ride on the pipe all the time. Interceptor is what I like because I ride a 300 and lug it around a lot. The Dominator has a slightly higher flash point and will spooge a little more than Interceptor. Sabre is their 100/1 oil and great for trials bikes but the very high flash point makes it unusable at ratios below 80/1 for my 300 and the way I ride.