Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:54 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Winning an event

If you have ever entered an event you are a winner ! How many of my buddies do not even enter events is really amazing .I have won the oldest rider !!!!And quite a few 2 n 3 rd place but never won a class so this year my goal is to win my class and if I do not that is ok since at least I am banging bars with the other winners ! How about you are you going to get out and bang into some trees or get showered with some rocks on a steep uphill . If so and you do not win you my friend are still a winner Get out and give a shot .

Old 02-26-2017, 06:36 PM

I have entered events in the past (hair scrambles,enduros and trials) but "racing" is not my thing. I have way more fun getting together with 3-5 buddy's and just riding.

Not everyone needs to "race" and I an using that term loosely to be a "winner" In my opinion the real "winners" are the folks that get involved to keep riding areas open. I have run into far more "racers" that do not want to get involved.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 02-26-2017, 07:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Real winners are indeed keeping the land open for future riders . I am one of those people . I also want to to be a racer since that is just FUN ! I started to run fast races the last 3 years and NOTHING compares to getting to that first corner in the top 3 guys . Or climbing a hill with a 450 that wants to pass you and beating him to the top of the hill . Most of my buddies do not race so you are not alone for sure . At the most I have 10 years left to race so the clock is working in everybody elses favor not mine . C Butler thank you for helping to keep open riding areas and you at least have had the thrill of the race . So many riders never have and never will and the sad part of it is they probably do not belong to a club and do not help to keep riding areas open . I have been in clubs for over 25 years and really am just now catching the race bug
Old 02-26-2017, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with cbutler.

Having passion for bikes, riding them, and doing so in a thoughtful manner has very little to do with 'racing'.. or even the race scene.

Horses for courses.

Here we have race clubs, and a small series.
We have social/trail riding clubs.
We have private businesses running tours (who are happy for you to ride with)..

And I have spent some time doing all of the above..

But for me the real enjoyment and value is getting out with a small group of like-minded people and just riding.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:43 PM

I got into racing back in 1970. I raced District 10 AMA races mostly, which is KY. But I raced all over throughout the years. I have raced MX, Hare Scrambles, Enduro, Desert and competed in trials. I love competition. Now that I am 65, I have backed off the competition and I truly miss it. I still ride and once in awhile I will enter a race. The memories of all the races I would not give up for anything. I wouldn't change a thing.