Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Default Taller Bar Mounts

Okay guys I have finally figured out I need to get my bars up quite a bit higher. So what do you taller guys use. I am wanting to get them up and also put my GPR dampner under the bars.

Maybe a BRP bar riser kit and 2 inches of height????

Old 11-08-2008, 07:31 PM

Robby,

I have the ProTect for the Scotts, and while I like it standing in the whoops, for the majority of my riding its just to tall. Before I got hurt last April, I had a lot of weird arm issues I never had before. I'm looking to go back to a top mount. What do you have now? Do the Scotts and GPR have the same mount/offset dimmensions? (That might be asking too much).
Old 11-09-2008, 05:24 AM

Glenn,

I have the stock bar mounts with those 2 little washers under each mount. On top I have the BRP bar clamp that accepts either the Scotts or the GPR. I would have to look at Girard's Scotts to see if it lines up with the holes that are used for the GPR as there are 2 different set of holes for monting the dampner. And yes my dampner is on top.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I have the ProTect mount as well. I'm a C rider so that may be a factor in my opinion.

I find it very comfortable and don't notice problems standing or sitting but I do stand most of the time. One thing that I did do was put on a set of 2003 Hebo bars that had a lower bend and a hair more sweep than my 2004 stock bars and that made the whole setup work great for me. I rarely get arm pump.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:27 AM

Glenn,

How much height does the protect mount give your bars vs. the stock set up. I would be willing to buy your set up minus the dampner if you are interested. Plus I will give you my upper BRP mount and pin tower. My tower is a bolt on. Take some pictures of yours and post them please.

Robby
Old 11-09-2008, 07:34 AM

I'd say its about 20 - 25mm higher. I also run the lowest bars I can find (KTM SX Renthals). I guess I just prefer low bars. I got this to make me stand more when I had back problems last year, but it just feels like my arms are at an extreme angle and I have tricep issues, same thing with the Pastrana FMX bars I tried. When I get off my Hyper and sit on the GG it feels like a chopper with apes!

The key is in the mounting hole / center pivot dimmension. I got a feeling they are different though.

There is a pic in my gallery but its not a good view of the height.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:49 AM

Glenn I do know that my mount and tower fit both Scotts & the GPR. I will verify with Girard next weekend.