Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 05-23-2014, 04:11 PM

Default Asterisk Cyto cell knee braces???

Waiting on ACL surgery, want to have a good set of knee braces waiting for when I'm ready to get back on the bike. Im an Average rider, will be doing about 8 events a year, with only 2hours a week bike time. All opinions welcome!

Old 05-23-2014, 08:10 PM

I started waring knee braces in 2000.......started out with CTi edges. They are a good brace, well constructed and think they would do the job if worn and adjusted correctly. The CTI braces were rebuilt a couple times and I still have them. When the Asterisk braces came out I bought a set. The set that I had were lace up . They were hard to keep tight and the strings were always in the way . The hinge is hard to keep slack out of. While I was waring them I had a crash and broke my tibia. It was due to taking a lick between the patella cup and the brace. After that The fox pods came out and they are very strong and light. They look like a slim version of the cti brace. They seem to be very strong and comfortable. They all seem to work well. Key this are proper adjustment and a good patella cup.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Banned

My riding partner just replaced his very old asterisk braces with new Ultra Cell Asterisk braces and he really likes them. I have the "off the shelf" CTI braces that work really well. They are not real fancy but very sturdy and makes me not worry about my old kness!