Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocams View Post
Oem carbs have been both 38 and 36mm. do you have a screw top (as 1)or a cast slim top retained by 2 small screws(as 2)??? if you have the later,there will be a hex shape in the top with either 36 or 38 cast in.
once this is established,many here can give you their recommendation.
This. Topic has been covered many times. A little searching will help.

Any pictures of the fit? Your carb shouldn't be contacting the frame anywhere. My 13 can touch the cap against the frame if it's rotated over too far, but generally has significant clearance.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:33 AM

The carb is 38 mm.

I installed #38 pilot. Despite having read several how-to's on how to adjust the air screw, I had to eventually adjust it by riding. I could not get any coherent response at idle or while gently revving the engine.

Throttle response off-idle was still very sluggish. I am an old fart who is a newbie in dirt riding - so engine performance is always exceeding my abilities. But the sound of the engine was so heart breaking that something had to be done. So I dropped the needle down as far as it goes - and presto - throttle response improved significantly. Arm fatigue is now an issue again.I do appreciate that my jetting is most likely far from ideal, but I'm an old fart w/ limited riding skills. The only clear issue I can pinpoint is that while riding on a highway in 6th gear @8000 rpm, the engine kinda hunts - something which it did not do w/ #40 pilot jet -> a larger main jet might do the trick.

A lot has been learned by Yours Truly.

Four-strokers with CV carbs seem to be a whole different ball game, and experience w/ them gives very little help. The effect of pilot jet size goes much further on my GG, and needle setting has a much greater impact than what I'm used to w/ CV carbs on 4-strokers.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Here we go. Last time.

The needle is too skinny. It let's gas through in big wet blobs. So the pilot adjustment can't fix this. Stop pissin around.

CV carb slides raise with more airflow.
Slide carbs raise when the cable pulls the slide open.
Think throttle position. Ignore revs.
Write this down.

My frustration and resultant rudeness is because no one listens.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 08-18-2017, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Here we go. Last time.

The needle is too skinny. It let's gas through in big wet blobs. So the pilot adjustment can't fix this. Stop pissin around.

CV carb slides raise with more airflow.
Slide carbs raise when the cable pulls the slide open.
Think throttle position. Ignore revs.
Write this down.

My frustration and resultant rudeness is because no one listens.
Of F5. You've only said the same thing at least 4 times this week already!!

I'm just sitting back watching, nodding my head.. The topic has been covered a million plus times and a little searching/reading will give all the info needed.

Maybe we should make a sticky?
Old 08-19-2017, 01:05 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

If youre new to the forum its hard to know whos advice to follow.Lucky for you f5 and jakobi know what theyre talking about.Throw away that stock needle! Post your altitude,average humidity,and temp range and theyl get you in the ballpark,from there its finetuning to your own style/preference.