Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Steve Akers Race Report

Howabout something positive to read for a change?

Race Report from Steve Akers

4/12/15
Race series: M.H.S.C
Class:AA
Result:5th
Weapon:15' GasGas EC250

We made a last minute decision to head to Westphalia, MO for round 2 of the M.H.S.C series yesterday. The idea was to just go and pick up dad's brand new GasGas EC250 from the LSK-Lebanon crew, and then maybe stick around and watch the race since it looked like it was going to be a mudder with all of the rain we've had lately.

Well.... I guess some where in my sub conscience I was planning on racing seeing that I brought my own Gasser along with all of my gear. With no rain making it to the race site yet that morning it looked as if the track might just be a little sloppy, so I got signed up and went out for a quick practice. Conditions were just how I like them, slick and rocky! Hoping it would slow the pace a little and give the wrists a bit of a break, I was hoping for a good result.

Pulling up to the front row it looked like we had a good turn out for the AA-class. As soon as the board went up, the rain came down. How ironic huh? I had a mid pack start this time, and was happy with where I was at. About a mile in to the race I went to pull the ol' roll-offs and bam clear vision. Great, time to put the head down and start rolling. Unfortunately the pull string would not retract and the goggles had to come off by mile 2. This was not the place for no goggles with all of the rock in the mud... In to the pits I went for lap 2 to grab goggles and top off the gas just in case.

Losing a bunch of positions I just tried to put my head down and caught back up to a few guys, while a few others had some issues of their own which put me in to the 5th position in the AA-class by the end of the day. I am happy with the result, and learned I still have a lot of work to do on strengthening the wrists for conditions like these. My left wrist is about as sore as the day I broke it this morning, but I will try to get back at it tomorrow. Thank goodnes for my Allsport Dynamics wrist braces!!

My Gasser was a true friend today in these conditions! I really think I would of pulled off if I wouldn't have been on such an easy bike to ride. In bone stock form, it never got out of shape on me, and allowed me to stay on the pegs all day. When the rain started really coming down I switched the map to rain mode, and wow that little red switch really makes a difference. My wrists were happy with the super tractable mapping as well!

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for keeping me going:
LSK Lebanon-GasGas
GasGas N.A.
Bullet Proof Designs
NoSweat
Medley Roofing
Rekluse_USA
T.M. Designs
Allsport Dynamics bracing
Alias
Ride P.G