Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lneil06 View Post
I have the nedw, j&D - red and blue as well.

Last ditch effort - doing to drop the float height - change the needle to #3 Red.

Was seeing a ton of smoke last night
pilot jet is at 40
Main is at 175

Jakobi - any other ideas ? I also have a #7 slide in it. Should I try the 42 Pilot even though the 40 is smoking a lot?

Lenny
The float height is important. 6.5mm is spec. I find 7.5mm to be a much better improvement.

What is the issue you're trying to sort? I don't really get too concerned by spooge/smoke, particularly if you've been riding slow. I aim for throttle response, looking for it to cleanly take revs, not loading up, or falling flat. There always seems to be a compromise somewhere in the rev range regardless of how good you get it too. Such is the nature of the beast.

I've found the Yamaha/KTM series (dual taper) needles are about the same on fuel as the Suzuki (triple taper). They just deliver it differently. The N3xx needles tend to be quite grunty off the bottom end, but around mid throttle they lean out into the 2nd taper and it shows as a rather aggressive transition with a strong top end. More of your 2 stroke nature with a clear on/off the pipe.

The Suzuki needles are a bit leaner on the first taper. This can make them feel less punchy, but they respond well to clutch. The 2nd taper supplies more fuel and dulls the mid hit and they show as more torquey (probably why opening the throttle a bit and fanning the clutch allows them to chug so well), up top the needle supplies more fuel than the N3xx so you can get away with a smaller main by a size or two.

I usually run the N3xx a half a clip richer than the NExx needles as well.

If you have access to getting the head setup (squish clearance reduced, comp ratio set, and band angle matched to piston dome) you'll find the bike much easier to jet, more resistant to weather changes, and you should pick up some power and fuel economy in the process.