Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Default Les Tinius (LTR Suspension) Heart Attack - Fund Raiser

Les Tinius of LT-Racing (LTR) Suspension suffered a massive heart attack on Saturday, April 7. He collapsed in his back yard and he was fortunate that his wife saw him go down and was trained in CPR. When the ambulance arrived he was "flat lined" and it took four attempts to revive him.

He underwent open heart surgery on the following Sunday and received a quadruple bypass. His major arteries in the heart were 100% blocked and we are very lucky to still have him with us. There is appreciable damage to his heart - but he now has good circulation to the healthy heart muscle that remains.

Everything is now going as well as possible - he is up and moving and will be coming home soon. His physician was concerned about brain damage - but he seems to have come through it without any neurological problems. His sense of humor and smile came through completely intact!

He did not have medical insurance and his income has come to abrupt halt. If you would like to help him in his time of need you can find information on how to contribute at the following link :

http://www.gasgasrider.org/html/donation.html

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Done.

Jeff, thanks for setting this up.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:38 AM

Thanks Jeff for getting this up and running. Continued prayers for Les.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 04-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Thx Jeff for making this easy for all.

Our prayers are for Les and his family.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 04-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

thanks, and maybe a reminder now and again so that I will remember to kick in a little each paycheck.
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:59 AM

Guys, I really hate asking people for $$, but in this case I feel I have to. This is more important than helping a guy at the Six Days, this is about helping a man recover not only his health but his business and build his life back. If anyone has ever been involved with complicated surgery, the costs can be financially devistating. Les is one of us, a rider and friend who has always been there for help and advice even if you didn't spend any money with him. Now he needs help. If everyone could just give a small amount it would add up and make a difference in some way I'm sure. I know its tough for a lot of people to part with a buck in these times, but lets be honest, we all have enough to support a dirt bike habit. So, for the price of shipping on the next GG accessory or parts you could make a difference. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Done and done.

Get Well Les
Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I sent a check this morning.

I only "hang out" on one board, and it's here. I have an old GG bike, am a crappy rider, and really don't have time to ride my bike like I should, but the camaraderie, knowledge, humor, and respect here is compelling and appealing.

I've never met or spoken to Les, but his situation and his interaction with others compelled me to contribute. That speaks to both the quality of his character, and those who also "hang" here.

Last edited by blitz11; 04-16-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz11 View Post
I've never met or spoken to Les, but his situation and his interaction with others compelled me to contribute. That speaks to both the quality of his character, and those who also "hang" here.
Spot on! I was in the same boat.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Done.. Les is a great guy.. he just did my 50's on the mc 250 and they are perfect.. i have talked to him many times before and he has always been very helpful to me..