Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:29 AM

The scary part is that this mindset is charge of running the country now.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 PM

I try very hard to avoid these people and their efforts to argue and fight with members of the off-road community. One point I will make and this is based on FACTS. Off road vehicles have been blamed for leaving tracks/ ruts that can last for up to 100 years, or so National Geographic magazine claimed several years ago. My question was/is where are those ruts now? Where is all this destruction? Shouldn't it be quite evident? Case in point, The Oregon Trail. It started around St. Jo, Mo. yet no one knows the exact route it took from the Missouri river NW to Oregon. Part of the trail is now Interstate 80 thru Nebraska, the majority of the trail is only approximate. Here's the good part- it was well documented that the covered wagons of the 1800's did leave ruts which really were two feet deep, 24 inches down, yet the earth did "reclaim" much of the trail. Why aren't those ruts still visible? I think you get my point. On our farm we have much more of a problem w/4 WD trucks than bikes and 4 wheelers. It all comes down to common sense, Which our anti-off road crowd seems to lack. Avoid the truly critical environmental areas and maintain the established riding areas. OK, I'm done with my soapbox rant. Just don't let these people get you down, they seem to enjoy the arguement more than addressing the facts of a meaningful subject. Jim