Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Default **ping**Michigan GG riders

This is a post from KTMTalk...are you guys familiar with this situation or know any of these "riders"????

Quote:

KTMTalk Member

Spring Lake, MI
Member No.: 136335

A few of the top off road guys in my district get free Gas Gas 2 strokes but they get broke every other race and they can never get parts in time for the next race. Then they want him to sit out the race instead of riding his old yamaha. After the last blown transmission, I think he's telling them they can keep their free bike. I've got nothing against TM or Gas Gas but my 300 XC has made it thru every race this season and if I need a piston or a front fender I go down the street and it's there.

I pretty much told him he was drunk on orange koolaid and blowin' smoke out his butt....

Last edited by bukwheat; 07-03-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: add to ii

Old 07-03-2012, 07:51 AM

Didn't know Michigan had that many "free rides"

Didn't think GG was in a position to have a "few" just in that district.

Curious to see as well.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Banned

Here's the story: Aaron Wagner from Michigan was one of our support riders. At at a hare scramble he fell over a jump and another rider hit him and broke the plastic subframe. GF had one side of the frame but not the other due to b/o from the factory so he rode his Yamaha at the next race. Mark got the parts in and Aaron rode an enduro in MI. He got stuck in a mud hole and jammed something between the chain and sprocket and broke some gears in the tranny. We told our support riders at the beginning of the year that we would provide bikes only, no parts. Aaron's dad got mad that we would not buy the parts for this bike and called it quits.
So there is some truth to the story and the orange guys are going to tell it to look bad on us.
Clay
Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Here's the story: Aaron Wagner from Michigan was one of our support riders. At at a hare scramble he fell over a jump and another rider hit him and broke the plastic subframe. GF had one side of the frame but not the other due to b/o from the factory so he rode his Yamaha at the next race. Mark got the parts in and Aaron rode an enduro in MI. He got stuck in a mud hole and jammed something between the chain and sprocket and broke some gears in the tranny. We told our support riders at the beginning of the year that we would provide bikes only, no parts. Aaron's dad got mad that we would not buy the parts for this bike and called it quits.
So there is some truth to the story and the orange guys are going to tell it to look bad on us.
Clay
Clay, would you like to address this over on KTMTalk or do you want me to or just leave it lay as it is? Thanks for the explanation nevertheless....
Old 07-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Banned

Alan,
I can't make myself go on KTM Talk so somebody else will have to do it. You are welcome to post it if you want to.
Thanks!
Clay
Old 07-03-2012, 09:24 AM

When you race, crazy stuff happens. I have had all kinds of bikes break for all kinds of mechanical reasons or strange crash damage. I have had my Gasser since November and I have never had a DNF because of the Gasser.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 07-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
When you race, crazy stuff happens. I have had all kinds of bikes break for all kinds of mechanical reasons or strange crash damage. I have had my Gasser since November and I have never had a DNF because of the Gasser.
Aaron's damaged tranny was a freak thing taht could have happened to any rider on any brand. Something got caught between the chain and sprocket and jammed and broke a bunch of parts. GF had every one of those tranny parts in stock and the bike could have been repaired between races but Dennis (Aaron's dad) got upset about having to pay for the parts. Steve Beane had the engine disassembled by Tuesday and was ready to put it together on Thursday.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 AM

That is unfortunate but to make a decision like that...more unfortunate for his kid.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:41 AM

I rode D14 back when Aaron was a teenager, his Dad would blame someone or something everytime Aaron got beat. Now that Aaron is a grown man it's funny to see his old man hasn't changed a bit, he always did the talking for his son...

Clay, I ride in TX now if you need to give that bike to someone who would actually appreciate it.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar4x4 View Post
I rode D14 back when Aaron was a teenager, his Dad would blame someone or something everytime Aaron got beat. Now that Aaron is a grown man it's funny to see his old man hasn't changed a bit, he always did the talking for his son...

Clay, I ride in TX now if you need to give that bike to someone who would actually appreciate it.
Or an A rider like myself in Ohio...