Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 AM

Default Getting trials bike clutch feel on an enduro bike?

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get the feel of a trials bike clutch in their enduro bike? I have a 1999 TXT270 and a 2009 EC250 Racing. Maybe it's due to riding trials all winter, but it feels like clutch pull on my enduro bike is really stiff and the engagement feels a little weird. I put a shorty lever on (same lever I've used on my 2007 EC250 and the 09 EC250 I rode in Greece) and have been fiddling with the adjustments and I'm still not happy with the clutch. No matter how I adjust it, it feels like the lever never is far enough out (I have big hands) and to get the engagement point out far, there is zero free play in the lever. That scares me. Any suggestions?

For reference, my girlfriend has a 2010 KTM250XCW with an ASV V1 lever on the clutch and it feels great. My 2007 had a great clutch, but so far the 09 is just okay.

Thanks,

Steve