Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:29 PM

Default breather tube

started the bike today as i havent been out on it for about a month, ive notice there's some white smoke coming out of a breather tube from the head think its the power valve breather tube? did have one or 2 drops of fluid come out but it stopped when it was up to temp..... also latlry the bike has taken quite a fair few kicks to get it going.... new plug & filter is clean

any idea?

Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkeye View Post
started the bike today as i havent been out on it for about a month, ive notice there's some white smoke coming out of a breather tube from the head think its the power valve breather tube? did have one or 2 drops of fluid come out but it stopped when it was up to temp..... also latlry the bike has taken quite a fair few kicks to get it going.... new plug & filter is clean

any idea?
A bit of spooge from the breather hose is normal. Smoke would be it burning off. If you have ever run the bike with the PV cover off you'll notice a bit too.

Does the bike always take a while to start or only when cold? I've had bikes in the past that were absolute pigs to start if left for more than a week unstarted.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 PM

the bike used to start first kick from cold without fail, just slowly getting worse now.... also if i come off or bike is put on its side its a real pain to start hot or cold
Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Have a look in the exhaust port and see if theres much blow by on the rings. When was the last time it had a top end?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Have a look in the exhaust port and see if theres much blow by on the rings. When was the last time it had a top end?
i fitted new exhaust sealing rings about a month ago so no sign of it blowing as fir the top end idea.... ive had it nearly a year & hasnt been done since ive owned it, i'll see if i can borrow a compression tester from somewhere, what presure should it be roughly? should have said earlier but its a 2000 model 300 EC
Old 03-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

I'd be aiming around 165-175psi for a stock engine.