Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:23 AM

Thumbs up 07 EC250 - what a great bike!

The more time I spend on my 07 EC250, the more I like this bike. I only rode it briefly before the ISDE (enough to figure out what I wanted to modify), then only got 1 day of riding on it down in Chile so I'm still getting acquainted with my new pride and joy. I've been back riding for a couple weeks now and can honestly say this is the best bike I've ever thrown a leg over. Talk about easy to ride, fast, handles awesome, the motor is magic, etc, etc, etc. GasGas Pacific is helping me out this year and wants me to push other riders into trying GasGas, but I don't know if I want my competition on one of these! Riding a Gasser in the woods is like cheating! Well, I guess I'll help push them since I want the company to keep growing! My 01 EC200 was (and still is) and great bike, but it doesn't steer as well as the 07 and is definitely a little heavier. The new Gassers are amazing bikes that anyone serious about racing should consider.

For those that don't know, here's my bike and the list of mods I've done:
2007 GasGas EC250 Six Days edition
-ohlins suspension (I've put in 0.43 fork springs and 5.6 shock spring)
-2k-2 ignition
-braided steel brake and clutch lines
-solid rear rotor
-black swingarm (not sure if it's aluminum or magnesium. I think it's magnesium but not positive)
-Messico pipe

Mods:
-LTR powervalve cover
-LTR jetting
-LTR chain guide
-Force Accessories rad guards
-Hyde racing skid plate/pipe guard (modified slightly for easy oil changes, no boot catching on pipe piece and access to coolant drain bolt)
-Gofasters rad hose sleeve
-BRP SUB mount
-BRP top clamp
-Scotts stabilizer
-Fasstco Flexx handlebars
-BRP Flexx bars barkbuster mounts
-Acerbis Multiplo bark busters
-Atek handlebar inserts
-G2 ergonomics throttle tube with 100 cam (though I may switch to the 200 for some tighter races coming up in May)
-Tire balls in wheels
-Motion pro rimlocks
-GoFasters front axle pull
-Ironman 13T front sprocket
-Moose 50 tooth rear sprocket
-GasGas shorty clutch lever
-Spider M1 grips and renthal grip donuts

The only other addition I plan on making is a Guts tall soft seat to cure the monkey butt on long rides. I know my bike isn't stock, but even before the mods it was great. The engine is essentially stock and the chassis mods were to fit my long legs and protect the bike.

I think the future is looking very bright for the quirky bikes from Spain.

Last edited by SpeedyManiac; 05-20-2008 at 01:01 PM.