Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:41 PM

Default Contour+ camera

Just purchased a new Contour + helmet cam, i haven't received it yet but hopefully it will be here soon. Has anybody else got one yet?

I was torn between the GoPro and Contour because picture looked better with Gopro but liked compactness of contour then noticed the + model with wide angle lens now same as GP, contour has GPS feature and side by side comparison of contour and contour+ picture looks as good as GP on + model so I made the jump to + model.

Now that we are getting new riding area only 1hour away its time for this old man to come out of retirement and start riding again.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:33 PM

Judging by the footage that was burned to disc of our last rideout here in Devon Enlgland, you will be very happy. Broadcast quality HD.
Uploads to youtube drops picture quality.
Windows movie maker easy to use for the edit etc

Biff
Old 06-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Good luck with the camera just started using my gopro and am addicted already
Stoby
Old 06-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

My contour filled with dust behind the protective lens. On thier forums it said there was some that the oring was folded and didnt seal so i took mine apart and there was NO oring. Also the stick on mounts that came with it didnt match each other of which they sent me new ones. They are now sending me an oring and lens cover. The customer service is outstanding but i havent got to take any good footage yet. I'm going to buy a GoPro also.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
My contour filled with dust behind the protective lens. On thier forums it said there was some that the oring was folded and didnt seal so i took mine apart and there was NO oring. Also the stick on mounts that came with it didnt match each other of which they sent me new ones. They are now sending me an oring and lens cover. The customer service is outstanding but i havent got to take any good footage yet. I'm going to buy a GoPro also.
yes i've heard of alot of instances of missing stuff and features that don't work so i will let everybody know how my experience goes. Still excited and waiting with baited breath.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:06 PM

The camera came in and is set up and mounted now, I took a ride down the street to get some test footage and have posted it http://contour.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=test+ride+01
and took some before and after pictures of it mounted to bottom side of helmet visor.

pictures titled before and after
http://picasaweb.google.com/ramcclure

won't be riding this weekend but hopefully next and i'll get some to post.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Really COOL

The gps setup is crazy...
I wonder how it works in the woods
That is cooool
Stoby
Old 07-09-2011, 08:32 PM

I'm going to love it for sure, noticed gps tracking on map display is off somewhat and am wondering if by mounting it under the visor the signal is being blocked because the gps antenna is in the on off switch on top of camera? I do know that my garmin 310XT displays the same way but it appears to be more accurate, it pulls from more satellites than the contour it only pulls from 4.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:06 AM

insert popcorn eating lurker smilie here
Old 07-24-2011, 04:44 PM

Ok here are some of the videos from my ride this morning. Its a new OHV park our motorcycle club has been trying to get land for about 12 years, finally success now the lay out and trail cutting has begun so that is where the video is from.
let me know what you think.
It was a fun hot day for riding and the trail is hard to follow also one section was just cut and this was the 2nd time thru 1st time was to clear out the spiders. My shifter fell off and 1 get off but fun anyways.
the bike i'm riding is an 04 200, which needs maintenance

I'm happy with the camera so far, it was set for 720p and white balance was auto. The GPS doesn't seem to be bothered by the trees at all. I like the fact it displays the speed and also elevation, the elevation doesn't matter around here its all pretty flat, but i wish it displayed mileage.

follow this link and check back because i'll be posting more.

http://contour.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=ramcclure

gotta run bbq is cooking