Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:40 AM

Default Tools/parts to service bottom end

What 'special' tools do I need to split the cases and service the bottom end of the engine.

I've done a KTM200 before and think I got away with holding the wheel on the brake to undo the nuts I needed. Now I have spare clutch plates so I could make up a tool (long bar bolted to clutch plates) to hold the clutch basket. Is that everything I need?

What gaskets do I need ( will pre-order them) and what would you replace as matter of course while the cases are apart - I don't want to replace every bearing if I don't have to (or would that be a better idea?)

Should I invest in an airgun, will that help a lot?

Any other tips including what to undo/strip while the bike is still in the frame would be welcome.

I may even write a guide if I'm feeling nice since I can't find one already.

'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)

Old 09-13-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_upright View Post
What 'special' tools do I need to split the cases and service the bottom end of the engine. fly wheel puller, case splitter. theres a case bolt behind the fly i think so might as well get them to do the both or buy the 2. I just gave it to a shop and asked them to do those 2 things.

I've done a KTM200 before and think I got away with holding the wheel on the brake to undo the nuts I needed. Now I have spare clutch plates so I could make up a tool (long bar bolted to clutch plates) to hold the clutch basket. Is that everything I need?

What gaskets do I need ( will pre-order them) and what would you replace as matter of course while the cases are apart - I don't want to replace every bearing if I don't have to (or would that be a better idea?) I'm not a fan of punching myself in the nuts, but if that's what you're into go right ahead.

Should I invest in an airgun, will that help a lot? Yes.

Any other tips including what to undo/strip while the bike is still in the frame would be welcome. Clutch and crank nuts.

I may even write a guide if I'm feeling nice since I can't find one already.

good luck.