Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:32 PM

Default US Site For Alpinestar Boots?

Okay guys looking to buy some new boots as my Oxtars are pretty much toasted.

So which site here in the US has really good prices?

Boom

Old 06-30-2007, 07:57 PM

have a squizz at www.rockymountainatv.com they have some alpinestarst on ther and the prices are good i reckon. i order my gear of here and get it shipped to Aus coz after the conversion its till cheaper than buying it here
Old 06-30-2007, 10:01 PM

Did the Oxtars not last Long? I have some on the way, the pro's for $140 to my door, seemed like a good deal. They will replace the ARC 220v i have been using for the last two years. If the bonded sole would stay bonded I would still run them. I have trie4d nearly every glue/heat gun/glue gun available. I have nearly lit the things on fire several times. For the price, $129, the 220v can't be beat, though all they have left are the 8s and 9s.

Paul B
Old 07-01-2007, 07:14 AM

Just so you know Parts Unlimited is the sole importer of AlpineStar. AlpineStar has a strict policy that their product not be advertised in writing or on the internet at lower then retail. They don't dictate on what the dealers can price the product for at time of sale. What this means is I can sell AlpineStar product at a discounted price I just can't advertise it and any business that does is in violation of AlpinStar's policy and runs the risk of loosing the product line. AlpineStar has a separate department of about 25 people who do nothing but search the internet and catalogs for "violations." Capisce?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:28 AM

Many manufacturers require MSRP be used in ads. However, online retailers get around this by showing their discounted price when you add the item to your cart.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Did the Oxtars not last Long? I have some on the way, the pro's for $140 to my door, seemed like a good deal. They will replace the ARC 220v i have been using for the last two years. If the bonded sole would stay bonded I would still run them. I have trie4d nearly every glue/heat gun/glue gun available. I have nearly lit the things on fire several times. For the price, $129, the 220v can't be beat, though all they have left are the 8s and 9s.

Paul B
Peb,

They lasted almost 3 years. That was longer than I expected. They are good boots but they never really felt like they broke in. I am going to try a different brand and see if I like them. I have been looking really hard at the Tech 7's from Alpinestar. I tried some on at a local shop and they felt way more comfy than my Oxtar's.

Boom
Old 07-03-2007, 02:56 PM

When all else fails call your Gas Gas Dealer!

Thanks Go Fasters! I called and ordered my boots from Mark today. Mark & Steve are great to do business with!