Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Whoa, where'd this come from?

On the Gas Gas factory site.

2007 Wild HP 200 2 stroke
There's a 125 2 stroke as well.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:47 PM

they'd be a bit of fun i reckon. never ridden a racing quad before though, only farm quads.

looks the goods though
Old 07-26-2007, 02:54 AM

too bad they're not bringing them here w/o special order. if you can even get them into the US.

with the current state of the art production sport/race quads that all the other makers are now building.... GG doesn't stand a chance.
look at the new Kawi, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, and Can-Am 450s.
Polaris and KTM are building one jointly too.
GG is going to compete with them? good luck! they have support!!!

the quad market is huge in the US(biggest ATV market in the world), GG needs to play, but can they? NO! here's why: not that many dealers have them, parts network is abysmal (I hate waiting for a part from spain!!!! so does everyone else!) and finally aftermarket support is almost nil.... if you can find it at all. many riders are left to finding universal parts to fit & do the job when something breaks or they want to modify.... myself included!

on top of that, they drop in value faster than any other quad out there.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:49 PM

you are right 100%,300hp is a great quad and if they would back it up with new up dates and parts they might have a change.it won't because epa and the 450 can not keep up. I had my for two years and i beat it to death, and only put rings in it .I had 450r till crank lockup twice sold it for 5,000 and paid 3,000 for 300hp if i fine another one for under 2,000 for parts i will keep it,if not ktm here i come!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:15 AM

Most of my riding buddies own Jap 450s. They are very good, but I like my 300 better than any of them. The reverse is a definate plus! My friend's new Kawasaki 450 has reverse, but it's squirrely compared to the Gas Gas. We ride woods and occasionally race woods events, so no motorcross experience with it, but I wouldn't want to be on any of the 450s I've ridden compared to it. I hear the Gas Gas 450s are POS and no reverse. I don't see the 300 listed for 2008. That's a shame, since the 300 gave Gas Gas a niche market instead of competing head to head with the Japanese, which all have great 450s.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:20 PM

I was talking to a guy that I believe in 04 built a 200cc machine out of a 300hp & it did great at the Nationals. Although it caused a stir cause there were not officially 200 gasgas quads. He said gasgas liked the idea & started making them?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 PM

well we have the 200 here in the uk now and it will be very popular for the kids (under16) classes in the MX. I havent ridden one, the new 450 looks sweet too. i am still on my 03 300 which i actually bought the US, parts are ok here but there is no aftermarket and the bikes are worth nothing secondhand.
the new 450s are getting real fast now and most will hook up and pull better than my GG, but i love 2 strokes and I like beating people on there tricked out £10000 quads on my £1000 one. is there def no 300 for 2008,??