Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-01-2017, 06:58 PM

Default 2003 EC 200 Ohlins

Hi all-
I have a big problem. My 2003 EC 200 with Ohlins fork has a cracked lower (see attached photo). I didn't think i had it tightened down too tight, but sh#%$!!!
Anyway, I took to a machine shop where a guy is willing to weld it, but he wants me to remove the lower from the fork so that any Oring or seal inside won't melt. I took fork to local shop to ask them to remove lower. They recommended I try to source an original, undamaged lower before trying the weld option.
I emailed Ohlins HQ in NC. They responded that they have none and that Ohlins Sweden have discontinued the part. I tried contacting a few dealers listed at Ohlins website but haven't heard back from anyone. I emailed Les at LT racing but haven't heard back.
Anyone have any idea where I might find this part? The fork is FG GG 3120. The fork lower is part 2372-22. Anyone have an Ohlins fork from 2003 they'd be willing to sell? Anyone have a better idea on how to approach this problem?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
BTW- Vince at the machine shop smiled really big when I told him what bike the fork came from. He took me to the back of his shop where his had his 2011 EC 300 parked on a stand. Too funny.

Kon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170220_203210_01.jpg (122.9 KB, 24 views)