Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:35 PM

Default motoz tires

thinking about getting a set. (well actually, ordered a set but the 120-90-18 tractionator IT was out of stock) and am wondering if anyone has run them and what sizes? I have a DE300 btw, so maybe wondering if another size would work.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:51 PM

I have run them front and rear. I still have the rear on, the front I swapped out.

I put about 800 miles on the front and have a 1000 miles on the rear. If it's dry they are awesome. At about 500 miles they were awful in the wet stuff, prior to that they were good.. If you ride in the dry stuff most of the time they are well worth the money.

I would guess I could get another couple hundred miles out of the rear.

BTW I do mostly rock and root riding, so in easier conditions they should have a longer life.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:51 PM

I'm not all that far from you... and where i ride i see nothing but rocks and roots. I mean i see mud but not that much
Old 11-04-2010, 01:15 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I really like the front tractionator ht, and used the xc rear which was also great till it was about half worn (did take a long time to get there!) and then it was suddenly all over the place.

Have heard that the enduro st is the one to get though for all conditions
Old 11-04-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider7202 View Post
I'm not all that far from you... and where i ride i see nothing but rocks and roots. I mean i see mud but not that much

It's great going through mud, it just doesn't hook up when there has been a few days of rain or heavy rain and the woods condition is muddy and slippery.

If you are not picky about your tires and how they grab, they are awesome. I usually run Pirelli MT16 and these out lasted the MT16 by 2-3x
Old 11-04-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider7202 View Post
Have you tried a trials tire on the rear yet? if your doing most of your riding up in and around Grafton, the trials tire is for sure your best bet for that type of terrain.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:29 PM

I ride at CATRA if your familiar with that club. I just don't really feel like doing a trials rear. I also have a beta trials bike that I compete on and i enjoy sticking the gasser sideways from time to time. I mean yes, at times i'd love that grip, however half the fun is dealing with the sliding. And besides, if i do a trials tire i'm doing it right, that is to say i'm putting in a tubliss system so i can run the low tire pressures.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:29 PM

I'm a CATRA member. I rode my friends KTM which has a trials tire mounted on it up there last week for the first time, and was shocked at the amount of traction that tire got on the leaf covered wet rocks. The tire did nothing out of the ordinary that my Bridgestone 404 equipped yz would do. If I was just trail riding up there or in Grafton, I would be using a trials tire, but I race WNYOA hs and the trials tire is not the hot setup for out there.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 PM

as i said, i know a trials tire, i've ridden a trials tire, i really don't want one. they are amazing, i get it, trust me, i know. i always find it funny to have someone on my trials bike and see them wheelie when they expect to spin. I just have this thing where i'd rather have a knobbie on my enduro bike. Besides, if i were to buy a new trials tire it would go on the beta and the old one would go on the gasser (i may do that to try it out anyway whenever i replace the beta tire)