Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Site Sponsor

Question Large Trail Ride in your area?

There is a large trail ride in Tennessee at the end of March that we plan on having a few bikes available to give demo rides for any new or current customers. Do you or your club hold an annual trail ride event of over 400 riders that you'd like to see GasGas have some bikes for demo rides at? Keep in mind with our National Enduro's, ISDE Qualifiers, and other events we may not be able to say yes, but I am very curious about the rides and amount of people at these events in your area. Please PM me if you want to talk in length about this more.

Thank you.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:52 PM

There's a 2-day at NH International Speedway that draws those kind of numbers. BMW had demo bikes there last year. One day is mild off-roading and the other is closer to enduro terrain.
http://www.mvtr.org/events/classic2008/classic2008.htm
http://www.mvtr.org/events/classic2008/newsletter.htm
http://www.cff.org/Chapters/newengla...ex.cfm?id=5669
Old 02-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
There is a large trail ride in Tennessee at the end of March that we plan on having a few bikes available to give demo rides for any new or current customers. Do you or your club hold an annual trail ride event of over 400 riders that you'd like to see GasGas have some bikes for demo rides at? Keep in mind with our National Enduro's, ISDE Qualifiers, and other events we may not be able to say yes, but I am very curious about the rides and amount of people at these events in your area. Please PM me if you want to talk in length about this more.

Thank you.
Well our club (Trail Riders Of Houston) has rescheduled the Gator Bait Enduro that yours truly is the Chairman for & I expect 300 or more racers at this event to be held on March 9th 2008. Girard & I have even included a small enduro x section. So if you guys get tired of that sub zero weather up there and would like to warm up a bit come on down and you can stay with us and we can put a demo out there on our property for the racers. The following weekend 3/16/08 will be the National Enduro in LA, which is only about a 2.5 hour drive from Houston. Which of course we will be putting up & piting for team Gas Gas.

So which one of you is coming down for the LA national or the TX national?

Robby
Old 02-25-2008, 05:12 PM

I'll second the NH Classic Ride. Huge turnout, great terrain to test the GG Bikes for sure. Count me in for a test.

Hancock National Dual Sport as well would be a good choice for sure. Again, huge turnout with great terrain choices and riders from all over.

Skidad in MA
Old 02-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Michigan has many organized rides through the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan (organization started back in 1968). This organization is responsible for all of Michigan's great trails throughout the state.

Here is the listing of all 2008 events:
http://www.cycleconservationclub.org...cc_events.html

Of course, there are also tons of hare scrambles and enduros throughout the year. In my opinion, the CCC events have great turnout and a better atmosphere for Demo rides.

Here are some of the most popular CCC events:

The first event of the year is called "Rites of Spring" (May 3 & 4) and attracts up to 800 riders. I have not ridden yet in the CCC events, but others that I have spoken with say the turn out is great and a lot of fun. Here is more info on the Rites of Spring. The Atlanta trail system where this event is held has some great terrain.
http://www.cycleconservationclub.org...ds/ROSTT07.pdf

The most famous event is the Six Days of Michigan (July 20-26). The event is held in the Grayling, MI area. One day, I definitely want to do this one... perhaps this year!

Another great place to ride in the Mio-Hunt Creek trail system. There is an event on Aug. 9 & 10 for this area. This place has great singletrack and a variety of soil conditions.

In the fall, a popular event is the "Fall Color Tour" held in Rose City (Oct. 4 & 5). There are typically lots of people at this event, similar to the Rites of Spring.

If you are interested in setting up a Demo ride, I would suggest you contact the Club president and/or trail coordinators. Here is the contact information:
http://www.cycleconservationclub.org..._contacts.html
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 PM

The Perry Mountain M/C puts on a 24 hr race in the first couple of weeks of June every year and there is always a large turnout for it. While I am not a member of the club, I have several friends that are. This is the same club and land that put on the Gobbler Getter Nat'l last fall. I would think that they would be happy to have a GG demo ride at one of their events if not the 24 hr race. They usually have 2 HS's a year plus the Gobbler Getter and they always draw huge crowds. Let me know if you would be interested in coming down and I can put you in contact with the right people.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Mark, A local Washington club, Puget Sound Enduro Riders hold a 2 day fun run on Memorial day weekend that usually draws the kind of numbers you mention. It is held in Shelton Washington on private land (Timber lands) and staged out of the Mason county fair grounds. The area is also site to the Shelton Vally Enduro earlier in the year and has in the past hosted nationals there.

This club for the last few years has welcomed a KTM demo days and has always had a great response to it. They have a test loop arrowed out and the usual questions and answer sessions.

It sure would be great to get a Gas Gas demo days out here in the north west! I can get you connected with the people you need to talk to if you are interested in this event and location.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:20 AM

I attended the 1st annual BRP Fun Ride at Clear Creek, in Central California.

http://www.funride.brpmoto.com/

I had a chance to demo ride, the Aprillia twins, Beta and KTM off-road bikes.

Mike Baxter
Old 02-28-2008, 02:22 PM

Another option in Washington would be the Desert 100 coming up in April. It draws thousands of folks from all over the Northwest. I have always wanted to go but never gotten it together. A local club puts it on.

Paul B
Old 02-28-2008, 07:35 PM

Mark,
This one is close to home for you. Straight Arrows Enduro Riders Spring Fling.
March 29 & 30th Grantsburg MX track, Grantsburg, Wisconsin.
Open practice and if the snow is gone the 5 mile woods trail will be open.
We had a KTM demo day last year.
Thanks
Bob M.