Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > New Bikes

Old 03-05-2023, 08:05 PM

Default Rieju Ranger 300

Here's a post that posted on Facebook concerning my 2022 Rieju Ranger 300

So far the performance is great. Stock jetting is working out good. As far as the suspension goes, I went with stiffer springs to keep the bike in the mid travel. The down side is a little firmer suspension but I needed to go that route because the bike was to low for the type of trails that I ride. With gear I'm about 178lbs so the stock springs are good for my weight but bike sits to low in the travel which kills me going thru big rock gardens and logs. Also, people are saying that this bike doesn't have any mid, top end. Well, I did 68mph on the street with no problem. The gear ratio is 12x48 which is good for what I do but you need to shift a little more then a traditional 300 like my Husky. So if I'm riding my Husky in 2nd and 3rd on the Ranger you would be in 3rd and fourth. Also, I tried 13x48 which was good also, but more for open flowy trails and may stall a little more in tight woods riding than running the 12x48. Also for my weight this bike is much easier to ride less tiring than riding my Husky. Doesn't pull as hard and you can really feel the weight difference. Also, I had a chance to compare the Ranger to a 2019 XT and a 2022 XT. The bottom end torque was about the same between the 2019 XT and more than the 2022 XT. When Beta went to the 73 bore 69.9 stroke it lost it's bottom end torque. My friend that I ride with has both bikes. He put the S3 power head on to be on par with the Ranger and his 2019 XT. I plan on putting a FMF gnarly pipe and silencer just to see how the power would be. Now, the suspension between the Ranger KYB's and the XT suspension. Stock at high speed the Ranger had no problems, compared to the XT which is twitchy, but as far as bump compliance the KYB's were ok. I had my suspension revalved by All Moto Performance, with stiffer springs and Racetech gold valves to help with more oil flow. I would say 80% of the time my suspension is perfect and 20% of the time it's not. And that is due to the stiffer springs. Also, I'm running the linkage in # 3 which makes the rear higher and STD is # 5 But with suspension you can't have you cake and eat it too. There is a balance between highspeed stability and low speed bump compliance. The build quality is excellence compared to a XT. The plastic is high quality, just overall the whole bike is good. The braketech brakes are good, and Husky is using Braketech on their new bikes. The starting in the winter you must kick start it, but after that, the electric start works everytime even in gear. The bike idles beautifully, no re-jetting. The clutch is very easy to pull and I have small hands, so all good there. I'm in contact with Mark Burg the owner of CPD Distributors all the time if I need to find out in-depth information. Also, the other reason I like the Ranger over the XT. I had a 2016 300 rr great engine but the forks sucked because the anodizing wore off and cost me a lot of money to get fix but was never the same. Also, I like the Ranger because the chassis is the same as a traditional dirt bike. The Ranger is identical to the Rieju racing or Pro. The only difference is the power valve setting, exhaust, and suspension, brake calibers, and wheels. the engine and chassis is the same. I actually thought about getting the Racing and detune it with a 36mm carb the Ranger pipe and adjust the power valve and get it lowered only 1in instead of the Ranger 1.5in but not sure if it would be the same as the Ranger. But overall I love this bike and don't regret getting it. Remember guys, Like the bike for what it is and not for what it's not. You can always make this bike into a racing version by putting a pipe, silencer and adjusting the power valve. And this information comes directly for Mark Burg @ CPD. One last thing, power is not everything if you can't handle it or you are getting tire quicker or you are intimidated by it. I have more fun because I can push harder. I ride street bike as well. I had a 2018 Aprilia Tuono Factory 1100 and that bike was a bad ass. But the only time I had fun was over 7or 8 thousand rpm's because this is when the torque and power kicks end. But I didn't always want to be in that rev range. So I sold it and got a Husky super moto 701 what a blast to ride fun factor went up. But I got board after a while because I was riding a Husky FE 450 at the time, great bike and I needed more of a street bike than a super moto. So I traded it in for a 2020 Ducati Hypermotard 950SP, WOW, fun factor went way, way up. I would never sale the Ducati, it does everything well. And I don't need to go 180 plus to have fun. The moral to this story is power and speed is not everything. I rather ride a bike I can push harder, it's lighter to have more fun then a bike I may be struggling with, getting tried quicker, or intimated by it. But choose your weapon and go have fun. 😁👍

Old 03-06-2023, 12:19 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing. A couple more paragraphs would be an easier read if you can edit.

The XTRAINER comparison is interesting and the 22 update. I have a 21 as well as my EC300.

The XT has a tiny thin pipe. A fatty pipe brings it equall to the Race. And to be honest more power everywhere compared with my 07 or mates 15 EC300.
Suspension needs lots of work though.

More bikes should be made shorter though.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)

Last edited by (F5); 03-16-2023 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2023, 01:41 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

There is a south african with about 20 roof of africa gold finishes and he has his hard enduro bikes (ktm's at the moment) lowered for the same reason
Old 03-06-2023, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Thanks for sharing. A couple more paragraphs would be an easier read if you can edit.

Yeah.
I wish I could read this.
Old 03-06-2023, 09:45 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I did a bit of editing. i can't help myself.

Here's a post that posted on Facebook concerning my 2022 Rieju Ranger 300

So far the performance is great. Stock jetting is working out good.

As far as the suspension goes, I went with stiffer springs to keep the bike in the mid travel. The down side is a little firmer suspension but I needed to go that route because the bike was to low for the type of trails that I ride. With gear I'm about 178lbs so the stock springs are good for my weight but bike sits to low in the travel which kills me going thru big rock gardens and logs.

Also, people are saying that this bike doesn't have any mid, top end. Well, I did 68mph on the street with no problem. The gear ratio is 12x48 which is good for what I do but you need to shift a little more then a traditional 300 like my Husky. So if I'm riding my Husky in 2nd and 3rd on the Ranger you would be in 3rd and fourth.

Also, I tried 13x48 which was good also, but more for open flowy trails and may stall a little more in tight woods riding than running the 12x48. Also for my weight this bike is much easier to ride less tiring than riding my Husky. Doesn't pull as hard and you can really feel the weight different.

I had a chance to compare the Ranger to a 2019 XT and a 2022 XT. The bottom end torque was about the same between the 2019 XT and more than the 2022 XT. When Beta went to the 73 bore 69.9 stroke it lost it's [its] bottom end torque. My friend that I ride with has both bikes. He put the S3 power head on to be on par with the Ranger and his 2019 XT. I plan on putting a FMF gnarly pipe and silencer just to see how the power would be.

The suspension between the Ranger KYB's and the XT suspension. Stock at high speed the Ranger had no problems, compared to the XT which is twitchy, but as far as bump compliance the KYB's were ok. I had my suspension revalved by All Moto Performance, with stiffer springs and Racetech gold valves to help with more oil flow. I would say 80% of the time my suspension is perfect and 20% of the time it's not. And that is due to the stiffer springs.

I'm running the linkage in # 3 which makes the rear higher and STD(standard, not sexually transmitted disease) is # 5 But
with suspension you can't have you cake and eat it too. There is a balance between highspeed stability and low speed bump compliance.

The build quality is excellence compared to a XT. The plastic is high quality, just overall the whole bike is good. The braketech brakes are good, and Husky is using Braketech on their new bikes.

The starting in the winter you must kick start it, but after that, the electric start works everytime even in gear. The bike idles beautifully, no re-jetting. The clutch is very easy to pull and I have small hands, so all good there.

I'm in contact with Mark Burg [Berg] the owner of CPD Distributors all the time if I need to find out in-depth information.

The other reason I like the Ranger over the XT. I had a 2016 300 rr great engine but the forks sucked because the anodizing wore off and cost me a lot of money to get fix[ed] but was never the same.

I like the Ranger because the chassis is the same as a traditional dirt bike. The Ranger is identical to the Rieju racing or Pro. The only difference is the power valve setting, exhaust, and suspension, brake calibers, and wheels. the engine and chassis is the same.

I actually thought about getting the Racing and detune it with a 36mm carb the Ranger pipe and adjust the power valve and get it lowered only 1in instead of the Ranger 1.5in but not sure if it would be the same as the Ranger.

Overall I love this bike and don't regret getting it. Remember guys, Like the bike for what it is and not for what it's not. You can always make this bike into a racing version by putting a pipe, silencer and adjusting the power valve. And this information comes directly for Mark Burg [Berg] @ CPD.

One last thing, power is not everything if you can't handle it or you are getting tire quicker or you are intimidated by it. I have more fun because I can push harder. I ride street bike as well. I had a 2018 Aprilia Tuono Factory 1100 and that bike was a bad ass. But the only time I had fun was over 7or 8 thousand rpm's [RPM] because this is when the torque and power kicks end. But I didn't always want to be in that rev range. So I sold it and got a Husky super moto 701 what a blast to ride fun factor went up.

I got board [bored] after a while because I was riding a Husky FE 450 at the time, great bike and I needed more of a street bike than a super moto. So I traded it in for a 2020 Ducati Hypermotard 950SP, WOW, fun factor went way, way up. I would never sale the Ducati, it does everything well. And I don't need to go 180 plus to have fun.

The moral to this story is power and speed is not everything. I rather ride a bike I can push harder, it's lighter to have more fun then a bike I may be struggling with, getting tried quicker, or intimated by it. But choose your weapon and go have fun. ����

Last edited by blitz11; 03-06-2023 at 09:47 AM. Reason: NOte to avoid confusion.
Old 03-06-2023, 12:25 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Actually I read the whole thing that time instead of skimming it. I ride with a mate that has a Tuono 1100 that I've ridden a couple of times. Yeah its bonkers. Needs fairly open flowing roads. Bit scared of it.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 03-15-2023, 11:20 PM

Default Just Bought One

I just bought a new Ranger last Friday,it is sitting in my garage. The build quality is excellent and fit and finish is first rate.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 03-15-2023, 11:29 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 03-15-2023, 11:36 PM

Default Spark Arrestor Screen

Does the stock Ranger have a spark arrestor screen in the muffler?

―Comedian Lewis Black

-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 03-16-2023, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
I just bought a new Ranger last Friday,it is sitting in my garage. The build quality is excellent and fit and finish is first rate.
And you're just now telling us? Seriously, though, congrats!

Not sure on the silencer but probably not. If anything it should be a turbine core style silencer. Easy way to tell is to shine a light through the rear and if it completely open then, no, there isn't a sparky. You can also use a wire (that's how we check for them at races) but if it has a screen you have to be gentle enough not to poke through any potential screen type sparky.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220