Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:52 AM

Question Goggle Question?

Okay guys I have been fighting racing in the trees and dealing with "Shadows"

I run the Amber lens in my spy goggles but have always been told that the blue lens works best in low light conditions and dealing with the above mentioned "Shadows"

So my question is which lens color works best in shaded or low light areas? I like to start enduros somewhere on the first 15 rows.

Thanks,
Boom

Old 05-15-2008, 08:08 AM

I use Scott goggles with their lenses so others may differ a bit.

Blue amplifier lense is very nice but requires good sun light to pick everything up. Not good for overcast days or dense woods etc.

My favorite is the rose amplifier lense. Not to dark and it works really well in flat light conditions (like skiing) and allows you to pick things up like...rocks.

I'm still trying their light sensitive lense and so far so good. It changes very fast but I still need to ride with it more.

The yellow I suppose might be the best but I just can't get myself to try it although I have one

For me I always use their double pane (turbo flow if possible) to prevent fogging issues so these are not cheap to buy. Especially the light sensitive. Try a cheapo single lense to see what you like and then get the better one if you wish. Just my 2 cents

Skidad in MA
Old 05-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Site Sponsor

Try keeping your eyes open

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 05-15-2008, 08:09 AM

Default Yellow

Boom,
Some people I ride with like the yellow lenses in dim low light conditions. You might want to give that a try.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:21 AM

I use clear or blue lenses depending on conditions. The main reason for clear lenses is they're cheap and came with all my goggles.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:37 PM

Best I have ever used in the trees where it is gloomy and the sun can catch you out is an Iridium coated lense (looks yellow). The coating is not very tolerant to even cleaning so a tear off is a must.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
I use Scott goggles with their lenses so others may differ a bit.

Blue amplifier lense is very nice but requires good sun light to pick everything up. Not good for overcast days or dense woods etc.

My favorite is the rose amplifier lense. Not to dark and it works really well in flat light conditions (like skiing) and allows you to pick things up like...rocks.

I'm still trying their light sensitive lense and so far so good. It changes very fast but I still need to ride with it more.

The yellow I suppose might be the best but I just can't get myself to try it although I have one

For me I always use their double pane (turbo flow if possible) to prevent fogging issues so these are not cheap to buy. Especially the light sensitive. Try a cheapo single lense to see what you like and then get the better one if you wish. Just my 2 cents

Skidad in MA
I agree with Skidad

I use the Scott clear roll off set up as well as the light sensetive set up.