Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Central United States

Central United States Between the Rocky Mountains and Mississippi River

Old 10-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default October 2 GG Colorado Trail Riding

This is my final posting for tonight from a ride I took yesterday with a good friend who just moved back to the country. These trails are in the area of Rand, Colorado and they share some trails with those put in for a National Enduro some years ago. We put in close to 75 miles yesterday running much single track with some connecting forest roads. The weather was great, the trails were awesome, and the GG 275 did not miss a beat! The first picture is about halfway up what I call a "goat trail" that winds its way up the side of a mountain. The second picture is the scenery looking westward from where we stopped. The third picture is of the GG 275 and a late 1990's Honda CRM 250 (It's a Euro spec, 6 speed, 2 stroke, dual purpose bike not imported to the US). The final picture is to give an idea of the less "vertical" of the trails in the area. There are a couple more rides planned for the year so if you want directions or to tag along, send me a PM!

Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1588.JPG (123.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1589.JPG (90.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1591.JPG (124.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1592.JPG (120.3 KB, 16 views)

Old 10-17-2010, 03:13 PM

Oh man I just saw this! I wish it was me on my old bike in those mountains! Glad you are enjoying her. Awesome pics Eric. I will get that letter out to you this week. LOL

Robby
Old 10-17-2010, 04:25 PM

Wow awesome pics. Now I'm homesick for the CO mountains.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:11 PM

Robby: Next season you must get yourself up here and ride your old bike...It works great up here but you will notice less power. Take your time on that letter, I need it for next year's OHV sticker.

Doug: When you come up next year look me up. We have a group that rides every other weekend or so with a wide range of age and skills. This weekend's ride (I'm posting pictures in the next few days) had a trials rider and a 68 year old! Skill ranges from "A" rider to "C" rider and trails range from "easy" to "we have to call search and rescue if we can't make it out in the next 15 minutes". Believe it or not I encountered both this year! Also, there are a few of us GG riders up here but nothing newer than 2007 (I think 2005 was the last year Denver area dealers had bikes).

Eric
2003 KX/KDX 220 hybrid
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 Trail Edition
1974-86 Vintage Can Ams, SWMs, Puchs, etc.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopernicus View Post
Robby: Next season you must get yourself up here and ride your old bike...It works great up here but you will notice less power. Take your time on that letter, I need it for next year's OHV sticker.

Doug: When you come up next year look me up. We have a group that rides every other weekend or so with a wide range of age and skills. This weekend's ride (I'm posting pictures in the next few days) had a trials rider and a 68 year old! Skill ranges from "A" rider to "C" rider and trails range from "easy" to "we have to call search and rescue if we can't make it out in the next 15 minutes". Believe it or not I encountered both this year! Also, there are a few of us GG riders up here but nothing newer than 2007 (I think 2005 was the last year Denver area dealers had bikes).

Eric
That sounds great. Have you ever rode the 2nd Mace trail west of Beulah? My family owns land that the east end of the trail weaves in and out of. I would like to get a group together to camp on my property and ride the trails in the San Isabel forest. I recently met a guy named Andy who goes by Monkeydebt on the KTM hangout, he rode to my property from the west and took some pictures. I have to do a little trail building this spring to hook my camping area to the trail but after that access should be easy.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:08 PM

Doug,

I've never ridden further south than Hwy 50 west of Salida (the ghost town route around Poncha Pass...VERY scenic!). We've been meaning to go down that way but we have been having so much fun riding our normal trails we have "slacked" in going south! We mostly hit the northern and central mountains but we do have someone from the south central mountains who leads trail rides, too. So far, the Rand Enduro trails, Sargents, Edwards, and Taylor Park are the best places and we've yet to find all of the trails in each area since I started riding again a few years ago. Now that I've started visiting this site regularly I hope to find other Colorada GG riders (other brands are welcome, too) who can show us trails all over the state. I have pictures from many rides that I will continue to post to give others a taste of Colorado trails! So, when you make it back up here let me know!

Eric
2003 KX/KDX 220 hybrid
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 Trail Edition
1974-86 Vintage Can Ams, SWMs, Puchs, etc.