Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:21 PM

Default Yamaha no more

Hello all, those of you that rode with me on Roscoes meet n greet last month know I was on a YZ250F at the time. Now my garage is sporting the Air Group Racing, and freshly dirty, 2011 300 until recently seen on the Seattle Craigslist.
Lots of Enduro Engineering and other aftermarket stuff on it, had a great first ride yesterday! My questions to other owners are these: Did this bike come with a map switch, could you tell any difference, and with it's removal which map is it in? Thanks in advance, have a great Fathers Day!

Old 06-17-2012, 12:55 PM

Howies bike oh no just kidding, the map should be on the frame rail next to the tank they didnt put them on the bars in 2011. Have fun on that thing.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:02 PM

I was watching that bike to! Great bike that was loaded.

Have fun, enjoy!
Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM

Map switch should be on the left side radiator hose under the rad scoop. At about 10 o'clock when looking at the gas petcock.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteingarage View Post
Map switch should be on the left side radiator hose under the rad scoop. At about 10 o'clock when looking at the gas petcock.
Yep, thats where mine is at also....
Old 06-17-2012, 08:52 PM

That's where it is, thanks! On the trials bikes they are labelled rain and sun, but the stickers are gone on my 300, and I don't remember which is which. Little button pushed in is? Also on the trials bikes, there wasn't much difference to be felt, except at very high rpm. Same here?
Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgastrials View Post
That's where it is, thanks! On the trials bikes they are labelled rain and sun, but the stickers are gone on my 300, and I don't remember which is which. Little button pushed in is? Also on the trials bikes, there wasn't much difference to be felt, except at very high rpm. Same here?
Little button=cloud
Big button=sun

Thats what it is on my07'.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgastrials View Post
Hello all, those of you that rode with me on Roscoes meet n greet last month know I was on a YZ250F at the time. Now my garage is sporting the Air Group Racing, and freshly dirty, 2011 300 until recently seen on the Seattle Craigslist.
Lots of Enduro Engineering and other aftermarket stuff on it, had a great first ride yesterday! My questions to other owners are these: Did this bike come with a map switch, could you tell any difference, and with it's removal which map is it in? Thanks in advance, have a great Fathers Day!
Steve! My friend Chris just purchased a 2012 EC300 R. We'll have do another local Gasser Gathering, schedues permiting. I rode Chris's new toy, today. Nice! It makes my '01 feel sort of piggish. Short of running a little rich, it's a damn nice machine.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 PM

I also bought one of the Airgroup Racing 2011 300's. My bike has pastic with Travis Anderson's name??? Lot's of nice aftermarket parts and I am loving the bike. Good luck and congrats on the switch. I predict you will never go back to blue.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:33 PM

Hey Bill I was out on Howell Lake trail at Tahuya yesterday, saw a guy on a brand new '12 300, maybe your freind? Rickster, story is my bike was a spare so no name on the custom decals, of which I got plenty of extras. My YZ was white, and I loved it, but wanted something more purpose built rather than a converted MX'er. I think I'll keep this one a while... Thanks everybody for the responses, this is a great group of people for sure!