Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 AM

Default Clutch lever spring?

My first post here on the forum.

I feel foolish, late last night I took off the clutch lever on my 2011 250 race. I dropped the " REPARATION KIT" at least that is what the oem diagram calls it.

I think I have it install right... but the rubber boot on the master cylinder won't stay in place. "Rubber boot on the plunger side."

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you in advance!!

Old 03-06-2013, 01:38 PM

The rubber boot should have a hole and is placed between the adjustable screw of the lever and the pin that pushes in the cylinder. The purpose is to hold the pin in case it leaves its place and to protect from dirt...

Put on the lever and tighten the arrangement with the adjustable screw, then adjust your clutch point of engagement.

hope it helps

Old 03-06-2013, 02:24 PM

Stabak,

Thank you, I will check it out when I get home.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah but within that boot there is also a small spring that sits around the pin which locates into the plunger for the mc. The boot itself has a groove in it. You need to use almost 3 hands in a confined space to manipulate the boot down and into the recess in the mc, without bending the spring up. Its not fun. If using a small screw driver to prey or push be careful you don't pinch or puncture it. Avoid lubing it up too. Grease only causes the rubber to swell making the issue worse. I found the easiest way was to ask for help, and do it with the actual lever removed so you have room to work with.

Good luck! Over the years mine has swollen to the point that there is zero chance of getting it back where it needs to be. I simply used some silicone and sealed it to the outer edge of the mc. It had swollen that much.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 AM

Jakobi,

Thank you!! I got everything installed.

I think it is easier to herd cats, then do that rubber boot.