Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:52 PM

Default Bike won't start?

Hey Here in Sweden there's currently winter and snow, when I've decided to go out riding it's been about -5 degrees celsius and it's so damn hard to fire her up for some reason.

It all started last week when I was trying to fire her up, me and dad tried kickstarting it and trying to roll it down a hill but there was no sign of life. Spark seemed to be good, even tried switching it out but didn't make things better. It got fuel running in to the engine. Anyways, I thought maybe the carb was causing it all so I teared it down and cleaned it. I wanted to do it anyways because it was overflowing all the time because of the float needle (I think?).

Anyways, mounted the carb after cleaning it, started up after a few kicks out in the cold so I had her running for a bit then thought the problem was fixed. But the next day, you had to kick like 50 times or something before she starts out of nowhere!

You kick it and kick it but doesnt show a sign of it trying to start, but then out of nowhere it just starts? Why is this?
When it's fired up and running you can turn it off and start it again with one or two kicks. It's idling and running good.

Is it some sort of adjustment on the carburetor that needs to be adjusted because of the colder air? I would like some help, my bike is a EC125 from 2010!

Old 01-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Bad fuel?
Old 01-10-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john r b View Post
Bad fuel?
I don't think so but I make sure to drive the tank empty and get some fresh fuel Worth a try
Old 01-10-2017, 10:33 AM

Empty your bikes gas tank in a container, pour this into your car(gas motor)
then get fresh fuel to use in your bike.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john r b View Post
Empty your bikes gas tank in a container, pour this into your car(gas motor)
Yeah cos' catalytic converters love two stroke
Old 01-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Some 50:1 bike gas mixed into a full tank of gasoline dilutes so much your catalytic converter won't be harmed.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil E. View Post
Some 50:1 bike gas mixed into a full tank of gasoline dilutes so much your catalytic converter won't be harmed.
Thank you Sir of saving me the response.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:26 PM

You should probably be jetted richer if you are running your normal summer jetting. A starting trick I was taught by an old timer is turn the gas on, put the bike in 2nd gear and rock it forward and back so the piston is moving up and down. Do that several times then kick. You can also try turning the gas on and lean the bike over until gas runs out the carburetor overflow. That usually speeds up the process too
Old 01-13-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyjlo View Post
You should probably be jetted richer if you are running your normal summer jetting. A starting trick I was taught by an old timer is turn the gas on, put the bike in 2nd gear and rock it forward and back so the piston is moving up and down. Do that several times then kick. You can also try turning the gas on and lean the bike over until gas runs out the carburetor overflow. That usually speeds up the process too
It's too rich if anything Nice tip

Funny fact: Today it started on first kick for some reason..
Old 01-15-2017, 08:39 AM

Intermittent starting would lead me first to an electrical issue. I would also check the needle and seat as well as the float height. If the needle and seat are worn and leaking intermittently it could give you similar problems.