Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:09 PM

Default Top triple clamp

Does anybody know if there is a crossover for the top triple clamp for an '04 300? pro taper makes a top clamp that adjusts the handle bars further forward for bigger taller guys but does not make one for Gas Gas

Old 01-11-2008, 03:10 PM

BRP makes an aftermarket top clamp.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:25 PM

I just installed the BRP on an 06 EC250 and am not real happy with it. It looks good and well made but the holes for the bar mount are in the exact same spot as the stock ones that are closest to the rider. (exactly what I didn't want) I made a few calls & emails with measurments to BRP prior to ordering the clamp trying to make sure my bar placement would be as far forward as the forward stock holes. And I had hard time trying to get the BRP guy to understand where I wanted the bar holes in relation to fork holes. I thought that was odd also because BRP's web site talks about the advantage of moving the bars forward for handling reasons. So I mounted up the clamp any way (they look good!) and so far I do not like how the bike feels with the bars moved back not so much a comfort issue it just seems like it dosn't turn as quick in the tight stuff. I'ts only a 15mm diff. so I didn't think it would make much diff. The other problem with the bars moving back is now the pre load adj. screws can not be turned w/out removing or loosing the bars. I'm still not 100% sure that moving the bars back affected the handling because I was riding the same trails but at a faster pace so the jury is still out. But I really really liked the way it was before I put the BRP on I need to ride it more with the BRP then I'll switch to the stocker & see how it feels. I'm not trying to bash BRP the clamp is solid just be real careful if your looking to get those bars forward.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:25 PM

I agree; I'm 6'3" and have my Windham bend ProTapers as far forward as possible in the stock clamps(06 EC300) and wouldn't have it any other way. Try a washer between the top clamps and the bar clamps for easier access to the adjuster screws but it's still a pain to get at. Too bad, BRP makes good stuff. Had a set of 20mm offset clamps for a CRF that did wonders for it's handling woes.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:27 PM

EMIG Racing will make a custom clamp for you with the holes probably anywhere you wish. Since they don't stock a GG clamp it could be some $$$.

The other option is to have a custom Pro Tect mount made.

I have the EMIG top clamp for my 97 250 KTM with the 50mm conventional forks and then I had Pro Tect Enduro make me a custom underbar damper mount that ALSO moved the bars forward another 1/2 " so they are directly over the top of the fork legs. I could have gone more if I wished. The price for the custom mount was $109 with shipping. It's REALLY nice at a fair price. They can make a taller mount as well or probably something that just moves the bars forward. They will make you most anything I think.

http://www.emigracing.com

http://www.ptenduro.com

Skidad in MA
Old 01-11-2008, 07:32 PM

I second the protect mount,handles everything in one unit for my enduro gear,watch,roll chart,computer mount and an under bar mount for my scotts damper, pete does a great job! and Im not saying that because Im on his web site!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Banned

When I traded my 02 yzf-250 for my 01 gasser I kept the aftermarket top clamp from the yz. After inspection I realised that it would be very easy to adapt the clamp to the gasser. I took it to my machinist who bored out the hole where the steering stem goes, inserted a bung and re drilled to fit the gasser, $35 labour. For those of you guys who dont get it!, the market is overflowing with yz top clamps of every configuration, you can prob pick one up on ebay for 10 bucks and voilla.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:43 AM

hey guys..

thanks for sharing. what about bar mounts...? im currently using universal bar clamps to fit a protaper. but it looks kinda messy and the throttle cable seems to be re-route in a weird way just to accommodate that.

im trying to get an oversize bar clamps and get rid of the universal and stock bar clamps. the guy at ebay dunno which model i should go for.

is there a difference in bar clamps ....?

which ones should i go for.....?

thanks..
Old 01-15-2008, 08:28 AM

I have a BRP top clamp/top damper mount from my '03, that I used on my '07. Ordered and received a BRP SUBmount that they said would fit how I specified(same bar position). Well no go. After two calls they realize that they changed their upper clamp design, moving the mounting holes foward from 12mm off stem center to 17.5mm. Unless you want the bars in your lap the newer BRP mounts need the newer clamp.

Sent it back yesterday and figured I'd set my OEM GG clamp up with a Protect SUB mount, and his site is gone.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infected View Post
hey guys..

thanks for sharing. what about bar mounts...? im currently using universal bar clamps to fit a protaper. but it looks kinda messy and the throttle cable seems to be re-route in a weird way just to accommodate that.

im trying to get an oversize bar clamps and get rid of the universal and stock bar clamps. the guy at ebay dunno which model i should go for.

is there a difference in bar clamps ....?

which ones should i go for.....?

thanks..

hey..

anybody knows anything....?

thanks.