Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:13 PM

Default Stator and regulator rectifier help

Can anyone please offer assistance on my charging problems.I have a charge of 0.5 volts at the battery . I then checked the output directly from the reg/rec and this is reading 0.6 volts. So the problem lies with this or the stator.

Can anyone offer any assistance on how measure to resistance on the 3 yellow wires from the stator. I have got a 1.2 ohm resistance between pins 1 and 2 but can not get any readings with the 3rd pin.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:48 PM

044.JPG

The 3 pins at the top of the plug are from the stator. So 1 and 2 have a resistance of 0.2 ohms but no other readings are displayed between 1 and 3 and 2 and 3.Should I persume that the stator is knackered.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I would go to the trailtech website and they have a stator test guide with the values you should get.It is for a Ktm stator but they are very similar if not the same.
Follow this then check the rec reg.
The rec reg can be confusing as if there is no battery or capacitor then you won't get the correct values.I found this out by talking with trailtech via email( Justin was the bloke to talk to).
Hope this helps a little?
Cheers Mark
Old 02-17-2010, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the link.I stripped out all the plastics etc to get to all the connections and removed the stator.Basically the problem lies with one of the yellow wires that is at the stator end,the pin that connects to the winding is loose,when I wiggle it I then get a resistance reading,so tommorrow I will try and secure it and hopefully all will be well again(though I still suspect the regulator is faulty, and also the earth and live feed from the reg(bike loom) is in poor condition so I will renew this.Will post back with the results and voltage figures.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Regulator failures are common.
On my 2001 Gas Gas, I used a Moose Products regulator.

Remember, you should be measuring AC voltages with the engine running.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 AM

Just an update. After fixing the wire on the stator and having good resistance and AC volts out from the generator/stator, I was still only having 0.5 volts output from the regulator. So I got another regulator to cure my problems and still only had 0.5 volts output

So today after leaving the bike standing for a few weeks I decided to strip all the plastics,tank off etc etc and start all over again. Eventually I cut away all the sheathing to the loom to trace the wires from the regulator,and to my disbeleif saw it went to a holder containing a Maxifuse that I did not know was there(persuming all the fuses were within the fuse box)
No surprises to take off the cover and find find the 30amp fuse blown. Replaced it and charging at 14.7 volts.

No ones fault with the advice I have been trying to get from shops and Gas Gas and the internet,but I wish I could of been pointed to this fuse(especially from Gas Gas,as they must of surely known it was part of the circuit).

Up and running now though ,so for anyone with charging issues check this fuse first (take off the fuel tank and it will be in full view)
Old 03-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Good to hear Jason.
Sorry I couldn't point yhou in the right direction as I only know my Ec300 wiring back to front from changing it from Ac to dc system,via rec/reg.
Should have clicked you were talking a 4t.
Least you got it, I can't believe shops and diagrams did not show it.
Cheers Mark
Old 04-06-2010, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason r View Post
Just an update. After fixing the wire on the stator and having good resistance and AC volts out from the generator/stator, I was still only having 0.5 volts output from the regulator. So I got another regulator to cure my problems and still only had 0.5 volts output

So today after leaving the bike standing for a few weeks I decided to strip all the plastics,tank off etc etc and start all over again. Eventually I cut away all the sheathing to the loom to trace the wires from the regulator,and to my disbeleif saw it went to a holder containing a Maxifuse that I did not know was there(persuming all the fuses were within the fuse box)
No surprises to take off the cover and find find the 30amp fuse blown. Replaced it and charging at 14.7 volts.

No ones fault with the advice I have been trying to get from shops and Gas Gas and the internet,but I wish I could of been pointed to this fuse(especially from Gas Gas,as they must of surely known it was part of the circuit).

Up and running now though ,so for anyone with charging issues check this fuse first (take off the fuel tank and it will be in full view)
Check you're wiring first using the voltage drop method, this would have saved you mega time and hassel