Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 PM

Post The Challenge, Netra’s H/S Freetown Massachusetts

The Challenge, Netra’s H/S Freetown Massachusetts

The forecast called for rain, and boy did it rain. The track was a swampy rock filled 10.5 mile loop. I knew “the challenge was a survivor event. The races are supposed to be 2 hours long; this one took us 4 hrs to do 6 laps. Jim Senecal and me (John Maier) were there representing GAS GAS on the AA row. I had a midpack start and quickly worked my way into the lead by the halfway point but a few missed turns and a pit stop to adjust my clutch sent me back a few positions. I knew I wasn’t going to be going all out for 6 laps cause I was out of shape but I didn’t realize how out of shape I actually was. After the second lap I just wanted to quit but I kept going to try to beat myself into shape. So I turned to my steady just finish mode. Jim had some issues early on in the race I guess. He put on a charge and we actually had a last lap battle which he ended up passing me on the last lap with about a mile to go and I didn’t have the push or energy to give him a fight. Nice ride Jim!
Overall my bike worked assome, my C Cycle suspension was probably the best setup out there and the GAS GAS fans were defiantly the loudest people in the crowd cheering me on every lap!
For my next race there is only one thing I need to do, work on my physical condition and get ready to give Jim and some of the other AA riders a battle for the win.

Now I need to take another 4hrs plus to wash my bike…New England H/S O how I love them!

John Maier

Old 03-30-2009, 12:18 PM

Give Jim a run for his money John! He is a great guy.

Just watch out for that cheering section..... Red & Purcell make a lot of noise from what I hear.

Red where is your report at?

Boomer
Old 03-30-2009, 12:38 PM

From thew NEDB thread it sounds like it was gnarly