Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 04-05-2022, 12:07 PM
Jim Cook's Avatar
Jim Cook Jim Cook is offline
Platinum Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Smackover, Arkansas (AR)
Posts: 687
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_piasini View Post
Hello,

perhaps someone have the workshop manual or the schematics of wire harness for the EC 450 or 515 2008-2010 ?
that's the bike with kokusan denki ecu, not IAW marelli

Best regards

Christian
I wish that I could help you, but I do not have the shop manual for the FSE after 2005 year model.

I will look and see if I can locate where you can download one. I believe GasGasman might have a link to download manuals. I will check.
If I find one, I will send you a private message to arrange getting you one of them.
.


__________________
Jim Cook
Smackover Racing
Team LAGNAF
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Reply With Quote


  #52  
Old 04-05-2022, 07:25 PM
Jim Cook's Avatar
Jim Cook Jim Cook is offline
Platinum Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Smackover, Arkansas (AR)
Posts: 687
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_piasini View Post
Hello,

perhaps someone have the workshop manual or the schematics of wire harness for the EC 450 or 515 2008-2010 ?
that's the bike with kokusan denki ecu, not IAW marelli

Best regards

Christian
I tried, but still haven't found the workshop manual for your bike.

I am not familiar with the 450/515 GasGas 4-strokes for 2008-9010. All my experiences were with the 2002-2005 FSE.
I think the 250cc GasGas 4-stroke models produced in '08-'09 had Yamaha engines in the GG chassis. I have a foggy memory of hearing that GasGas might have used the Yamaha WR450 engine at one time.
Do you have any information on that subject that you can share with me?

Here are the only active links for manuals that I have found, or have been given me, so far today. If I find one for you, I'll private message you here.

https://www.manualslib.com/brand/gas...otorcycle.html

https://www.manualslib.com/brand/gas-gas/

https://www.manualslib.com/brand/gas-gas/engine.html
__________________
Jim Cook
Smackover Racing
Team LAGNAF
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-06-2022, 03:29 PM
Christian_piasini Christian_piasini is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 3
Default

I will send him a message,
Thanks a lot

Christian
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-23-2022, 03:08 AM
hobbes748 hobbes748 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 2
Default

Good morning folks,

My apologies for my first post being of the begging variety but I'm looking for a suitable workshop manual for a 2001 EC300 and non of the old links on the forum seem to be active any more.

But seeing as I'm here now, I should probably introduce myself. The name's Steven, I'm 53 years young and was born and still living in Scotland.

Bike-wise I've currently only got two. A 1997 Ducati 748SP which I've owned since 2000 and this 2001 EC300. Historically, they've virtually all been Italian makes (dunno why - just happened) other than a CB500 and an RMZ250.

I picked up this rebuilt (but poorly running) GasGas last year but I've only just got round to dealing with it in earnest. It came with some bizarre jetting which I returned to stock (still ran rubbish) and then moved up and down the range of jets, but nothing cured it.

Think it may well be an air leak so got a test kit on its way. We'll see what results we get and take it from there.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-23-2022, 08:51 AM
Jim Cook's Avatar
Jim Cook Jim Cook is offline
Platinum Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Smackover, Arkansas (AR)
Posts: 687
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes748 View Post
Good morning folks,

My apologies for my first post being of the begging variety but I'm looking for a suitable workshop manual for a 2001 EC300 and non of the old links on the forum seem to be active any more.

But seeing as I'm here now, I should probably introduce myself. The name's Steven, I'm 53 years young and was born and still living in Scotland.

Bike-wise I've currently only got two. A 1997 Ducati 748SP which I've owned since 2000 and this 2001 EC300. Historically, they've virtually all been Italian makes (dunno why - just happened) other than a CB500 and an RMZ250.

I picked up this rebuilt (but poorly running) GasGas last year but I've only just got round to dealing with it in earnest. It came with some bizarre jetting which I returned to stock (still ran rubbish) and then moved up and down the range of jets, but nothing cured it.

Think it may well be an air leak so got a test kit on its way. We'll see what results we get and take it from there.

Thank you in advance.
Send me a private message with your email address, and I will email you a pdf file of a workshop manual that will work with your bike. (It is a 2005/6 workshop manual; the first year that GasGas published one.)

The stock jetting was "motocross style" jetting, which promoted midrange to high rpm running, but didn't promote an engine idling or a smooth transition from low rpm to midrange.
For your bike, with it's Air Striker 1 carburetor (which required richer jetting than the AS 2 carb that came on later models), I would suggest a 42 pilot jet and a 178 main jet, coupled with a jet needle which has a better transition from low end rpms to the midrange rpms. The only jet needle from the GasGas factory that I could make work to my satisfaction was the N1EG. The N1EG is very hard to find, so most owners have moved to either a Yamaha 250 or a Suzuki 250 OEM jet needle listed as "optional" on the various parts breakdown listings. I have used a NEDJ, and lots of owners used a NECW. The various optional jet needles will allow the owner to customize their bike's power delivery as it transitions from low end to mid-range; a critical point in the bike's power delivery if you are doing enduro or trail riding in very tight or very rugged terrain.

If I can assist you in any other quests with the bike, let me know.

Good Riding to You!
Jim Cook
__________________
Jim Cook
Smackover Racing
Team LAGNAF
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-23-2022, 09:43 AM
hobbes748 hobbes748 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cook View Post
Send me a private message with your email address, and I will email you a pdf file of a workshop manual that will work with your bike. (It is a 2005/6 workshop manual; the first year that GasGas published one.)

The stock jetting was "motocross style" jetting, which promoted midrange to high rpm running, but didn't promote an engine idling or a smooth transition from low rpm to midrange.
For your bike, with it's Air Striker 1 carburetor (which required richer jetting than the AS 2 carb that came on later models), I would suggest a 42 pilot jet and a 178 main jet, coupled with a jet needle which has a better transition from low end rpms to the midrange rpms. The only jet needle from the GasGas factory that I could make work to my satisfaction was the N1EG. The N1EG is very hard to find, so most owners have moved to either a Yamaha 250 or a Suzuki 250 OEM jet needle listed as "optional" on the various parts breakdown listings. I have used a NEDJ, and lots of owners used a NECW. The various optional jet needles will allow the owner to customize their bike's power delivery as it transitions from low end to mid-range; a critical point in the bike's power delivery if you are doing enduro or trail riding in very tight or very rugged terrain.

If I can assist you in any other quests with the bike, let me know.

Good Riding to You!
Jim Cook
Thanks, I'll PM you my address.

To get it running reasonably well we started with a 35 pilot and worked up to up 55. Didn't have anything bigger in the box of spares that came with the bike but oddly it still felt like going upwards was still going in the right direction. The revs aren't dropping very quickly and they don't remaining very constant. It's very boggy pulling away until what i presume is the main jet taking over and then it's WAHEY! The main was already a 178 so I didn't touch it.

The needle that was in it was an N1EF and nothing wanted to work with that. There was another 3 needles in the box but non were marked. Measured them and they were all the same size. Tried one and whatever size it is (it's thicker than the N1EF) it did improve things.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-23-2022, 11:05 AM
Jim Cook's Avatar
Jim Cook Jim Cook is offline
Platinum Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Smackover, Arkansas (AR)
Posts: 687
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes748 View Post
Thanks, I'll PM you my address.

To get it running reasonably well we started with a 35 pilot and worked up to up 55. Didn't have anything bigger in the box of spares that came with the bike but oddly it still felt like going upwards was still going in the right direction. The revs aren't dropping very quickly and they don't remaining very constant. It's very boggy pulling away until what i presume is the main jet taking over and then it's WAHEY! The main was already a 178 so I didn't touch it.

The needle that was in it was an N1EF and nothing wanted to work with that. There was another 3 needles in the box but non were marked. Measured them and they were all the same size. Tried one and whatever size it is (it's thicker than the N1EF) it did improve things.
The 45 pilot jet gave better acceleration during a WFO start, but badly spooged the exhaust during enduro and trail rides. The 42 pilot jet worked almost as well in a WFO drag race, but didn't create as much exhaust spooge in normal "real world" riding situations.

Yeah. The N1E* series of jet needles suck. Most ECs came from the GG factory with either the N1ED or N1EF jet needles. Out of that series, I was only able to get the leaner N1EG to work to my satisfaction, and it wouldn't work with the Air Striker 2 version of the PWK carbs.

I sent you an email. If you don't get it, let me know and I'll try again.

Cheers!
Jim

.
__________________
Jim Cook
Smackover Racing
Team LAGNAF
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-24-2022, 05:21 AM
(F5)'s Avatar
(F5) (F5) is offline
Gold Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Posts: 2,071
Default

There's several jetting threads to search. With an old bike many things can be at play. Possible air leak as you say is worth investigating. Careful spray of ether around Reed area and check under ignition stator.

Also. Pull carb and look down needle jet with bright light and magnifier. Vibration will ovalise the hole front to back. Any ovality will cause grief. Also cut the N1** in half so you're not tempted to use it.
__________________
'07 EC300 GG
'14 TXT250 GG
'? 496 CPI Cheetah RZ/RGV hybrid
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-05-2022, 04:43 AM
Panagiotis Panagiotis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 14
Default

Do any exploding diagrams exist for EC 250 2008-2009 ?
I cant seem to find any .
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-05-2022, 09:27 AM
Jim Cook's Avatar
Jim Cook Jim Cook is offline
Platinum Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Smackover, Arkansas (AR)
Posts: 687
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panagiotis View Post
Do any exploding diagrams exist for EC 250 2008-2009 ?
I cant seem to find any .
I have both a 2008 and a 2009 2-stroke EC parts book in my computer files.
If you would like for me to send you one or both of the files in an email, let me know what to send you in a Private Message here with an email address. I will send the parts manual(s) in a pdf format file to that email address.

Jim Cook


.
__________________
Jim Cook
Smackover Racing
Team LAGNAF
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No service manuals - What a JOKE!! mountainman Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 14 10-10-2014 03:18 AM
Sachs manuals? Krasi Enduro Suspension 2 11-07-2008 05:16 AM
workshop manuals gone? jostby General Discussions & Announcements 3 10-26-2008 12:29 PM
All GG manuals available on GasGas USA website! MattR General Discussions & Announcements 2 01-01-2008 08:38 AM
Manuals skid jackson General Discussions & Announcements 2 09-15-2006 10:09 AM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - GasGasRider.org