Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:29 PM

Default Rear MC Seal Crossover Help

I am chasing poor rear brake performance on a friends '13 EC300. I am thinking that it needs a master cylinder rebuild.

The master cylinder looks very similar to some Japanese bikes. Does anyone know what rebuild kit would crossover?

Old 04-11-2015, 01:17 AM

Look on the mc for the name of the mfg. it's probably a Nissin. Also, check for a deformed bleed nipple on the caliper. Some people have had bad brake performance because the bleed nipple was deformed during installation at the factory.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Last edited by Moto7man; 04-11-2015 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Addition and spelling
Old 04-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

bad performance in what way?check the brake lever is set right and not just hitting the stops a fraction early.obviously if its miles out it will clunk but if its only just hittin it wont unless you stamp it.theres not a lot of room for the required travel if you lower the pedal on the 13.also check caliper is sliding/floating freely and disc is not slightly warped/bent.this throws the pads further apart and requires more pedal travel to actuate.cracks allowing pad material to lift slightly can also cause this and a spongy feel.if the seals are shot youl most likely get some weeping at the rubber boot under res.give it a good squeeze to check.also flip the caliper and look closely for weeping around the piston boot,press piston in a little to confirm its not ceased.will be stiff but not rock hard
also have a look behind the chassis rail where the lever goes behind it for trail trash.i had some shrubbery get caught in there,was almost invisible but was just enough to prevent/dampen the last bit of travel that locks up the rear
Old 04-13-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barossi73 View Post
bad performance in what way?check the brake lever is set right and not just hitting the stops a fraction early.obviously if its miles out it will clunk but if its only just hittin it wont unless you stamp it.theres not a lot of room for the required travel if you lower the pedal on the 13.also check caliper is sliding/floating freely and disc is not slightly warped/bent.this throws the pads further apart and requires more pedal travel to actuate.cracks allowing pad material to lift slightly can also cause this and a spongy feel.if the seals are shot youl most likely get some weeping at the rubber boot under res.give it a good squeeze to check.also flip the caliper and look closely for weeping around the piston boot,press piston in a little to confirm its not ceased.will be stiff but not rock hard
also have a look behind the chassis rail where the lever goes behind it for trail trash.i had some shrubbery get caught in there,was almost invisible but was just enough to prevent/dampen the last bit of travel that locks up the rear
Pedal is brand new. The brake has a mushy feel even after bleeding via a Mityvac. Prior experience says that it feels like a a bad MC piston seal. No external leaks.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:54 PM

If Nissin check kit part no's against crf450x. My 05 looks exactly the same as 07 Honda