Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 08-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Administrator

What do you think I mean when I ask that you take it down a notch?

Please keep it civil.. this is the last warning....

Jeff

Old 08-28-2015, 12:37 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/co...th-sherco-love

Looks like it rides very similar to 10/11 gas sees
Old 08-28-2015, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/co...th-sherco-love

Looks like it rides very similar to 10/11 gas sees
How's that?
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 08-28-2015, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Zzzzzzz!

I don't see how hinting at mild enuendos about Clay on thread is helpful or on topic about the performance of a bike? So you guys had a problem with him, that doesn't reflect on the bikes or France for that matter.

I won't apoligize for what I wrote, but grown men should know better then to take every opportunity to voice there dissaproval of him. Let it go already. And if you related to my post that is on you!
Better come in from the heat and chill for a little bit
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 08-28-2015, 03:54 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

well .... i suppose most bikes look the same when seen on a phone :-)

actually just trying to get this back on topic
Old 08-28-2015, 09:11 AM

My last bike was a GG 13 EC250 and I really enjoyed it. Before that it was a Husky 11 TE310 (and many before that of differing brands and models). My current bike is a Sherco 15 300SER. To me the Sherco is the best bike I have ever owned by a fair margin. I typically buy all my bikes from the same dealer and he/they give me fantastic service. The Sherco is built well, handles great right out of the box, has a quality E-start, and the map switch truely is effective.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:27 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I now ride a 2006 EC200. I am considering an upgrade to a secondhand 2015 EC200 or perhaps a Sherco 300i fourstroke?

Did anyone her test these two back to back? How does the engine power/torque compare? I would presume they might be quite similar as my current ride is quite nice and linear.

I understand from what I read that the transition from 06 GG to a current Sherco chassis should be easy to do, even for an old an slow guy like myself.

Any thoughts?

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 09-03-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I now ride a 2006 EC200. I am considering an upgrade to a secondhand 2015 EC200 or perhaps a Sherco 300i fourstroke?

Did anyone her test these two back to back? How does the engine power/torque compare? I would presume they might be quite similar as my current ride is quite nice and linear.

I understand from what I read that the transition from 06 GG to a current Sherco chassis should be easy to do, even for an old an slow guy like myself.

Any thoughts?

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk
I owned a 2011 300 GG and have friends with a 250 and 200 GG both also 2011.
My 2014 Sherco 300 4-stroke power is much closer to the 250 than the 200 or 300. Think more of an electric motor, you get exactly what your wrist dials out with the 300 4-stroke. The mild setting leans a little toward the 200 once it was off the bottom but with far more grunt than 200 smoker. On the hot setting my 4-stroke is closer to the 300 smoker prior to hitting the pipe.
On the Sherco you will notice the pegs are located higher than the GG, much nicer for sit down riding and attack standing riding, I found the GG more comfortable for just common stand trail riding. The Sherco will feel smaller than the newer GG and closer to your existing bike.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

There will always be quite significant differences between a 2 strokes power delivery and a 4 stroke. Add in FI, and that a 4T of equal capacity will make less peak HP and it gets even harder.

I personally find the current generation FI 4 strokes very uneventful. Seamless smooth power. Very predictable and easy to ride (regardless of capacity). Don't like how 4Ts flame out/stall at a certain rpm where a 2T would still be ticking over either.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
There will always be quite significant differences between a 2 strokes power delivery and a 4 stroke. Add in FI, and that a 4T of equal capacity will make less peak HP and it gets even harder.

I personally find the current generation FI 4 strokes very uneventful. Seamless smooth power. Very predictable and easy to ride (regardless of capacity). Don't like how 4Ts flame out/stall at a certain rpm where a 2T would still be ticking over either.
All good points and will not disagree...might want to add that 4-strokes tend to run hotter and steam over quicker. That was what my mindset was going into giving a Sherco 4-stroke a try. A week ago 15 friends of mine all loaded up for a week of riding in Colorado at 10k+ elevation. Had a mix of KTM, Gassers, Husky and my Sherco. My fuel consumption was on par with the 2-strokes but my power was still very close to back home at 500 - 1,000 elevation and the smokers were all very down on power as expected with elevation. The 4-stroke KTM's with FI were all far too lean, great on fuel but fans ran alot and steamed if they even looked at a hill. I had no fan, nor auto-clutch and done a modest amount of clutch fanning in the ugly stuff. I was blown away when I never steamed once and my friend riding my 11 GG 300 was steaming (takes a bunch to make the GG steam). My power was always what I needed nor any surprises so yes you could say uneventful. For this 52 year old trail rider my Sherco pulled me thru areas I expected to do battle in and never once had the clutch squawk back at me. I am still not a 4-stroke fan and enjoy the fun a 2-stroke can offer but this little 4-stroke wins me over more each time I ride it and far more nimble than my 11 GG could ever hope to be. No flame outs to date. Sherco fuels the bike as it should be and not to pass any EPA standards.