Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 04-12-2007, 01:00 PM

Default 03 400fse starting problem

I just bought a GasGas 400fse, it has been sitting in my garage for a a week and half.i went to start it yesterday and nothing!All I hear is a "click and nothing else.When I first bought it and started the bike it made a particular sound and now it doesn't.I'm really new too dirt bikes so any help would do.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:51 AM

sounds like a flat battery. get yourself a trickle charger
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 AM

Default No Gas

I too have a Gasgas fse400ec and have had exactly the same problem.
1st I was told the battery discharges and I ought to buy a trickle charger which i did and its a nice thing to have but it didnt stop my problem.
Next I'm told to buy a new battery, I did but as it happens that was not the problem.
So I gave up on the "cowboy" motorbike repair shops and took my Gasser elewhere after she just refused to make a sound other than just "click" when the start button was pushed.

The issues were the standard electrical connectors/fuse boxes that are not waterproofed at the factory.
These are found under the seat/fueltank and on my 2002 fse400 are small red
fuse's. After 4 years they had corroded inside and when the key is turned no power gets to the fuel injection which is the familiar "whine" noise you hear when its turned on. Pressing the start button only produces a "click" sound of the solenoid under the seat..
Replacing these fuse's ought to do wonders for your bike,,,,,,,one more point the engine kill switch on my Gasser is also a bit finicky but I had it re-soldered and fixed as much as can be but the switch has a habit of turning the engine off at unfortunate moments so replace that if yours is a bit "loose".

Hope this helps you, I can say my Gasser is finaly giving me untroubled performance after 9 months of intermittant electrical woe's.

Lex P
Old 04-15-2007, 10:20 PM

Thanx LEX P, I will give that a try cause that is what my bike is doing when I use the e-start.I went bought a new battery anyway and still the same problem.