Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

'TXTing me' thats not what you wanted to write! Maybe you need a KTM?a Gasser will go bar to bar with anyone in a fair straight out race.While the KTM will sneak one past the start line while your fiddling with your fuel cock.[/QUOTE]

I prefer to fiddle with my fuel cock as part of my pre-race prep - it's so much less stressful than doing it on the start line.
You are right about KTM riders, they are sneaky aren't they. It reminds me of a GNCC race I did at Woodhill a few years ago. The track was tight and twisty and I was humming along on my KDX, minding my own business, when I start hearing all this yelling going on behind me. The guy was going berserk! " get outta my way... get outta my f..n' way ...get outta my f..n way" on and on at the top of his voice. Well of course I had to turn around to have a look at this wanker, and in doing so I fell off - right in front of him!
So the yelling got even louder and he speared his forks straight into the side of my engine and smashed my water pump off. As we untangled ourselves he started screaming again because my bike had spewd hot green water all over his colour coded orange riding gear. No "sorry", no "are you OK?" nothin - he just picks up his poncey orange bike and roars off in haze of anger and adrenalin.
As I pushed the dear old KDX back to the car park I told myself if THAT'S what it takes to ride a KTM, then I don't want one!
Looking back at this incident I realise now that the consumate Gasgas rider, when coming up on a slower KDX rider, would have calmly waited until an opportune moment presented itself, and then cruised past with a cheerful wave and the friendly salutation : "cheers mate". (such is the aura of calmness under which the Gasgas rider conducts his activities)