Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 06-11-2008, 09:48 PM

Default help on WP 4357 fork seals.

Could anyone take the time to give me the blow by blow in changing my fork seals on my new to me 2002 xc 250 with wp 4357 multi adjusters. I ordered the fork manual on cd,(not here yet) and downloaded the manual from a Husaberg/wp 4357 off the husaberg site, but this just seem more confusing than it needs be. Shows a total break down, and I just want to change seals, and oil and ride right now.
The bike has 20 hrs on her since new. One side is leaking pretty badly. Tried the film strip trick with no luck.
The oil is in mint shape, its still very green. So I am guessing its just seals at this point. I just want to ride the bike and will deal with detailed set up in the off season. I weigh 155 with gear so I am guessing I will need lighter springs. (any input on oil height for my weight?)
I have done conventionals many times, and just finished doing my WP usd 4054's on my atk. (not sure I did it the most efficient way but I did get it done, could not find manual or breakdown). The 4054 had no adjustment at the bottom of the fork leg so you just pulled the cap, spring, damping cartridge bolt on the bottom of each leg. Pulled the cartridge, pulled the dust seal,the circlip, slide hammer the upper from lower. Pulled seal, cleaned tubes, and reversed the procedure and filled with 10 mm less oil.
The thing I am concerned with is pulling the compression / cartridge assembly from the bottom. Does it come out in one piece? From the Bottom? Are you able to re tighten it with out having it spin with out special tools? Will I need definitely any other parts other than fork seals?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asshat

Old 06-17-2008, 01:56 PM

Here give this a try

http://www.smkostgota.com/tips/gaffelbendemont.pdf
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals