Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Default Little help- 2011 rear hub

Anyone know what hubs/wheels are compatible with the 2011? I have some issue's that might require a new hub and am trying to avoid getting a GG unit. My rear rim could use replacement as well. Trying to figure out if Husky or ? use the same hubs. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:15 AM

Brent,

I have heard of guys using KTM and KX wheels with custom spacers. It was discussed here some time ago. That was on older bikes but the older GG wheels are totally compatible with the new bikes, different hub, spacer, bearing on the sprocket side but same axel, offset. I have an old pre '03wheel I use all the time.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:17 PM

I need to get a new rear and front sprocket and see if I can salvage this hub. The problem I have locally is the dealer struggles to get parts and help. It is best if I go in and tell them exactly what to order from other bikes that works. So frustrating.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:38 AM

Not to hi-jack, Brent, but I graduated from Meridian High in '78. I get back to Idaho every year to ride the Southern Sawtooth NF north of Fairfield.

Last edited by andoman; 06-05-2012 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Misread origional post. What I posted was silly....
Old 06-05-2012, 12:48 PM

What happened, sprocket bolts come loose? Some dealers are clueless and some are great and really know the bikes. Thats what makes some guys national parts centers, like Smith's and Hall's, and why a lot of riders just order parts themselves. Just use the parts manual and go in with numbers. Rear sprocket is same as Husky, front GG and TM(not much help there). Why should the dealer struggle with parts? If GoFasters has it they can get it. I waited a few weeks for a fork lower from Spain, that was the worst. To be expected with something like that and GF was great in getting it ASAP. My KTM experience, and that of my friend, was that if its not in Ohio, it could be a looong time. A radiator took over a month once.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Warp 9 has front and rears for GasGas now. Complete wheelsets are reasonable, or should be able to buy just a hub if you want.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:23 PM

Buchanan can also drill a Sun rim to the GasGas spoke pattern and angle.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:37 PM

Actually Tucker Rocky, Parts, and WPS all carry parts for the KTM's. We have a large local dealer with boat loads of cash that can supply KTM parts as well. You can go to ebay and the net for KTM parts all over the US.

I called the dealer 3 hours ago for a front and rear sprocket. They have to look up the part, call GF, and see when it will be here. I will not publically spell out the difficulties I have had in getting parts here. It is bar none the worst experience with any motorized vehicle I have ever had. If something breaks it is two weeks minimum before I will see parts. For example I will not see the front sprocket until the end of next week or the beginning of the following.

I can have WPS kick out a F&R for a KTM and it will be in the local shop tomorrow, or later today if they are running parts out.

Yes the sprocket bolts loosened up when I was setting times on the Idaho City course. We road 5 hours and 110 miles and I had not noticed the bolts until some damage was done.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:22 PM

Got a rear sprocket from a local little shop and the front from Smiths coming.

Smiths also has a rim if I decide to replace the rear with a silver rim to match the front etc. Well, once I figure out if the hub is going to be OK. Grrr.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Brent. Sounds like its your dealer thats not pulling their weight.

Here in Australia in the middle of bumfcknowhere I can generally acquire parts within 2 days (express post) assuming they are in stock. All consumables have been. Gaskets, sprockets, chains, tyres, brake pads, levers, seat covers, fuel caps, even a kick start shaft. If they need to be sourced from spain it can take up to a couple weeks. If its Sachs fork components kiss your ass goodbye.

Seriously though. Download the parts Fiche. Look up the numbers yourself. Email your dealer with the list of what you need. All they need to do then is forward to GoFasters.