Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 11-09-2011, 05:27 AM

I find the frame to be very delicate, gives the impression it will bend at the first jump you hit...Hope it doesn't reveals to have the same limitations as former BMW G450x . It's not DI but has 2 injectors, one at the crankcase and another at the cylinder. The exhaust is a fine piece of work but I find it too close to the shock, that are might be prune to overheat especially on tight stuff. I confess I was enthusiastically waiting for this bike but at a first glance it disappoints me. Let's hope the dynamic tests can force me to change my mind.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Site Sponsor

the frame appears to be similar to newer gasgas... the swingarm and subframe looks pretty anemic though..

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 11-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
The first production, which will take place on the premises of Ossa in Girona, about 2,000 bikes will be started to manufacture and distribute in June 2013.
i believe that's about the same quote they had for the trials bike (except full scale production in 2011?) . i bet there isn't 100 of those produced yet...

www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 11-09-2011, 08:31 AM

The heat from a two stroke pipe, especially the center to rear section, is a non-issue to the shock. Look at all the four strokes today and how close the super hot headers come to the shock. Plus, this shock is mounted outboard.

The ignition cover looks very large, wonder if the flywheel is too.

No kicker is the same phiosophy that Cannondale had. New 'Bergs may be minus kickstart too, not sure off hand. Worked fine on the 'Dale. I would hope that the estart system is designed into the primary in the oil bath, not a dry add on like the GG and KTM.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post

No kicker is the same phiosophy that Cannondale had. New 'Bergs may be minus kickstart too, not sure off hand. Worked fine on the 'Dale. I would hope that the estart system is designed into the primary in the oil bath, not a dry add on like the GG and KTM.
KTMs are running with no kicker as far as mainstream goes ... it was more tongue in cheek than anything. Interestingly the trials bike has the lever (for sure) but no button (I think).

As far as volumes, how big do you really think the trials market, or even the enduro market is? You can have an innovative product but you still need to sell against established players with established designs and established relationships. If you thought people were skeptical about GasGas - which has been on the international scene continuously for a decade or so - try marketing a bike through two US dealers from a company that exists for most in the misty fog of their youth.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 11-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Site Sponsor

many closeups here...

http://www.befurious.com/ossa-presen...o-250i-y-300i/

swingarm is multi - tubular. couldn't tell from other pics. on closer inspection, maybe not so wimpy.

http://www.befurious.com/wp-content/...urious.com.jpg

but this swingarm looks more like a design exercise - who knows how it works in real life...

www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 11-09-2011, 10:23 AM

Looks like 11 tooth counter shift
Old 11-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Girona?! That's where the GG factory is. (Well, Salt, which is right next door.) Hmmmm. Some sort of partnership? Ossas built in the GG factory? It could happen. GG has the capacity to do something like 18K bikes per year. Adding 2K more bikes, especially in this economy, is certainly feasible if GG sales numbers are less than they had been at their peak.

Maybe they've worked out an agreement to share distribution channels in some markets, too. It would simplify their entrance into a number of markets.

Last edited by blitz11; 11-09-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added distribution channel.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:18 AM

I was up at Lewisport USA (OSSA Dealer) a while back and he had a few of the trials bikes in the create still. The Ossa I looked at was being a demo and all of the created bikes had been spoken for. I know that were talking about 2 different world here! If they make it across the pond, I'm sure some die hard OSSA pilot will want one to park next to he trails steed.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 11-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Banned

Spoke to a riding friend of mine today, who is a sponsored Sherco rider amongst other great companies as well. His team mate was approached by OSSA to ride for them. Well in short he rode the new trials bike. He raved about how nimble the bike is and compared it to Gas Gas, but his opinion on power delivery in his own words "it was very weak and took to long to build up power!" He did mention as soon as they work out the bugs with it, they will be great bikes!

Cheesy disclaimer......I am in no way trying to slam OSSA. This is all second hand info from a good source! I think the bikes look stellar. I am speaking of the trials line of bikes, not the enduros....of course!

Last edited by desertgasser300; 04-27-2013 at 11:01 AM.