Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
My biggest complaint about GG in general has been the lack of info. Owner's manuals have been hard to get and aren't very good. No reccommended settings on shock and fork. No info on how to properly use the PFP valve. Also had complaints about some inconsistencies with Marzocchi fork. Issues with power valve adjustment and jetting issues. Problem with a spacer on rear wheels being too soft.
They were aware of everyone one of the issues I brought up and explained what they had done to fix them. I could tell that a lot of thought had gone into each of these issues.
One of the new engineers is a racer who worked for Toyota (or maybe Nissan) and I could tell that he had the desire to substantially improve communication to us and customers and consistency of the bikes.
Some of the problems come from the economic situation in Spain. The spacer issue on the rear wheel was because the old supplier of that part closed and the new supplier made the part incorrectly.
Thanks Clay.

I can live with all of that. Small things I can live with ans tinker with. The forks, well i will pay someone to tune anyway and i'm used to the manual thing from 2005.

Thanks again.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Banned

I appreciate theose sentiments from you guys but to sell more motorcycles to customers who are use to the KTM type information we have to do better. I firmly believe that our bike is better than the orange one. We just need to get better in a few small area to win over a couple thousand orange bleeders.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:10 PM

Very nice, they are on the right track. Guys who bought '12s don't be bummed you didn't wait. All this little stuff is easily fixed except for the steering radius and that is an issue only in the garage. I have not had any plastic problems, and I've done some bushwhacking and crashed pretty good once too. Mount your shrouds properly (bolts), and ride the crap out of the bike. When the plastic gets beat up then get the '13 stuff.

I agree on the manuals and info in general, it has always been that way with GG. After owning the first one it doesn't matter but it needs to be there for new owners.

The sprocket side spacer is typical soft alloy like a KTM spacer or those on most Jap bikes. This started in '07 when they changed the hub design, the old spacers were steel. Personally I'd add shifters to that list, they wear out too fast.

So, support your dealers and your importer! If you want one go get one and ride!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM

What about making the rear break pedal arched so it has some up/down adjust-ability? As it is now, from the pivot bolt to the toe-tip is a straight line. If you want to gain some free play in the pedal it hits the frame. Look at the 2 European bikes side-by-side and you'll see what I mean. Otherwise, I think the GG is way ahead of the orange. As the saying goes, the devils in the details. The bike just screams "TRICK!!"
Old 07-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Banned

I have two lists:
1. Major issues
2. Minor issues

I don't want to overload them or they'll quit listening. Also, the sales manager that handles the US is coming over to the last National Enduro and it will give him a better idea of how we use the bikes here. That will help him understand why we need a more adjustable rear brake pedal when he sees our tight woods.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I have two lists:
1. Major issues
2. Minor issues

I don't want to overload them or they'll quit listening. Also, the sales manager that handles the US is coming over to the last National Enduro and it will give him a better idea of how we use the bikes here. That will help him understand why we need a more adjustable rear brake pedal when he sees our tight woods.
You're all over this Clay.

I would really love to see a real workshop manual come out (think yamaha manual). I would be more than willing to spend $50 on a decent workshop manual.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:04 PM

I have two issues with Clay:

Major Issues: Slackin' on the Gasser photos.

Minor Issues: He can't make September happen sooner.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 AM

The upgrades look very well thought out, i like it.
GoFasters needs to offer a retro fit kit for the 12' owners so we can get a package for all the upgrades. I REALLY like the frame guards.

thanks for the pics and thanks for continual improvment of the brand...
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_wv View Post
The upgrades look very well thought out, i like it.
GoFasters needs to offer a retro fit kit for the 12' owners so we can get a package for all the upgrades. I REALLY like the frame guards.

thanks for the pics and thanks for continual improvment of the brand...
I'm sure Mark plans to do this. Sometimes it is difficult to get brand new parts from GG because they don't hold out parts for replacement. All of the parts go for production. They were building bikes like crazy when we were there. It may take a few weeks for him to get the new 2013 parts.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:34 AM

I have to agree with Rick from Zona! This thread is really useless with out any "Full Body" pictures. I want to see the bike as a whole!

Clay I hope you can keep taking the heat we give you! I promise we will still love you tomorrow!

Robby