Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoby View Post
Can someone make sure the dirt rags get a good one and a box of donuts
It really will not matter if there Krispy Cream, Dunkin Donuts or Voodoo........they like pumpkin spice...ha!

AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals

Old 11-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoby View Post
Can someone make sure the dirt rags get a good one and a box of donuts
Nope! I'm done with the west coast dirt rags. If they want to come to the east to ride here then they can test our bikes, both GG and Sherco. I'm done sending bikes out to CA for them to ride. I can't be there when they do the test and show them all of the things they need to know, like how the PFP valve works on the forks, so they will have to come here to ride them. I really am at a loss as to why people care about what the mags say. All of those guys were at a national enduro this summer and only one of them was able to beat a 53 year old "chunky guy" that had a heart attack earlier in the year. I 'm not sure they are qualified to test a bike that will mainly be ridden in the woods rather than the desert. Rather than take their word for what is good, I hope you guys will get in touch with me for a demo ride so you can decide yourselves. I do intend to send bikes to Kevin Novello at Trail Rider in New England because he rides where we do.
Sorry, Stoby! You struck a nerve....!
Funny thing...After I typed my above rant, I went to the grocery store for some milk and picked up a Dirt Bike magazine. In his column, Tom Webb talked about how tough the PA national enduro was and how he was waaaaay out of his element. BUT...he still wrote a test on a bike. Huh? Don't get me wrong....I respect Tom and he is a good rider....out west, in So Cal and in the desert type environments. In over three years now we have sold about 1% of our bikes where he and the other mag guys live. The rest have been bought by customers who ride between trees and over roots with mud and slime on them. The more I have thought about this (I get a lot of time to think driving the bus to and from enduros) the less sense it makes. So, here is my challenge to you guys: Don't let a So Cal writer make up YOUR mind for YOU! If you are about to spend just south of $10k on a dirt bike, invest the time to ride the bike yourselves and make up your own mind. If you ride one of the bikes I sell and decide not to buy it based on that experience, I can live with that. If you decide not to buy a bike I sell because of a west coast mag, then I'm gonna pour a beer on your head!

Last edited by Clay; 11-07-2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added info
Old 11-07-2013, 09:26 AM

I actually liked the rant. You know....I always wondered how "fast" those guys were...I mean all they do is ride bikes....or maybe they just hang out in the office and eat the donuts. Oh wait....now they are testing 600-800lb adventure bikes with suitcases attached. Just because they ride a dirt road doesn't make them a "DIRTBIKE". (sorry to any adventure bike owners out there) I do like Trail Riders reports and Chillys write ups. A tight trail to the west coast rags is if only half of an F250 Ford will fit on it!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Nope! I'm done with the west coast dirt rags. If they want to come to the east to ride here then they can test our bikes, both GG and Sherco. I'm done sending bikes out to CA for them to ride. I can't be there when they do the test and show them all of the things they need to know, like how the PFP valve works on the forks, so they will have to come here to ride them. I really am at a loss as to why people care about what the mags say. All of those guys were at a national enduro this summer and only one of them was able to beat a 53 year old "chunky guy" that had a heart attack earlier in the year. I 'm not sure they are qualified to test a bike that will mainly be ridden in the woods rather than the desert. Rather than take their word for what is good, I hope you guys will get in touch with me for a demo ride so you can decide yourselves. I do intend to send bikes to Kevin Novello at Trail Rider in New England because he rides where we do.
Sorry, Stoby! You struck a nerve....!
Funny thing...After I typed my above rant, I went to the grocery store for some milk and picked up a Dirt Bike magazine. In his column, Tom Webb talked about how tough the PA national enduro was and how he was waaaaay out of his element. BUT...he still wrote a test on a bike. Huh? Don't get me wrong....I respect Tom and he is a good rider....out west, in So Cal and in the desert type environments. In over three years now we have sold about 1% of our bikes where he and the other mag guys live. The rest have been bought by customers who ride between trees and over roots with mud and slime on them. The more I have thought about this (I get a lot of time to think driving the bus to and from enduros) the less sense it makes. So, here is my challenge to you guys: Don't let a So Cal writer make up YOUR mind for YOU! If you are about to spend just south of $10k on a dirt bike, invest the time to ride the bike yourselves and make up your own mind. If you ride one of the bikes I sell and decide not to buy it based on that experience, I can live with that. If you decide not to buy a bike I sell because of a west coast mag, then I'm gonna pour a beer on your head!
It's funny you mention that, because The week before the Crossforks Nat I crushed/flattened the pipe on my 11 xc GasGas and was forced to borrow an 09 xc-w(orange bike) that I had ridden twice around my backyard. I've never even owned a KTM. I boiled the rear brakes in the 1st section, and never really had rear brakes the rest of the day, and this 45 yo A-senior rider still beat all but 1 of the editors. At the end of the day my buddies and I had a good laughed at that. We couldn't believe that they have that much influence on who buys what.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Part of what I'm hearing is we need an Eastern Rag. Beer please.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Banned

Wink

For those of you who were not at the enduro we mentioned, go to the NEPG website (www.nationalenduro.com) and click on results from the Rattlesnake Enduro. Most of the guys were in age class A classes. I won't call any names but if you read the west coast mags you will recognize them. Look how poorly they did. The only one who beat me (53 y.o., 30 pounds over weight, had a heart attack, beer drinking redneck) was Jimmy Lewis. Again...they are all good riders in CA but they were out of their element in PA. Ok....not their cup of tea but why write a test if you can't ride the terrain? And this terrain is much more like what you all ride. So why listen to them if they don't ride what you ride? Don't listen to me either if you don't want to. I get that. I got a dog in that hunt. I'm saying make up your own mind. Invest in a trip to a demo ride or come to TN. I will take anyone riding on a demo who takes the time to come here and I'll buy the beer after the ride!
Also....To be fair to Chilly White, he was a whipped puppy because he just had flown back from Romaniacs.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
For those of you who were not at the enduro we mentioned, go to the NEPG website (www.nationalenduro.com) and click on results from the Rattlesnake Enduro. Most of the guys were in age class A classes. I won't call any names but if you read the west coast mags you will recognize them. Look how poorly they did. The only one who beat me (53 y.o., 30 pounds over weight, had a heart attack, beer drinking redneck) was Jimmy Lewis. Again...they are all good riders in CA but they were out of their element in PA. Ok....not their cup of tea but why write a test if you can't ride the terrain? And this terrain is much more like what you all ride. So why listen to them if they don't ride what you ride? Don't listen to me either if you don't want to. I get that. I got a dog in that hunt. I'm saying make up your own mind. Invest in a trip to a demo ride or come to TN. I will take anyone riding on a demo who takes the time to come here and I'll buy the beer after the ride! Also....To be fair to Chilly White, he was a whipped puppy because he just had flown back from Romaniacs.
Sounds like a winter road trip....
How far from TTC are you located?
A little winter trials play and a demo sounds like reason enough for a road trip.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:38 PM

Did you say beer and dirt biking clay????? Maybe I have to organize a guys weekend to see you down there, you can hang out with a bunch of redneck Canadians
Old 11-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I think I see a "first annual" in the making!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
Sounds like a winter road trip....
How far from TTC are you located?
A little winter trials play and a demo sounds like reason enough for a road trip.
Im near Nashville which is about 1 hour 45 minutes from TTC. Almost half way between me and TTC is CMRA but it does not open for riding until early January. It has three loops all more than 20 miles each. Great place to ride.