Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasxc View Post
Wasnt my intention.

Does one work with or for the other?
Do you have a clear picture and are confident in the picture that had been painted for us?
Does it resemble the prior picture.
Just saying.
Mark Berg is the Operations Manager of GasGas Motos U.S. and Rod Overstreet is the Director of Sales for GasGas Motos U.S. Yes - they work together. Mark was very kind to post up here yesterday..

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...1&postcount=18

I closed that thread because I didn't want his important message ("from the horse's mouth") to get buried and lost... I stated my reason for closing that thread and recommended starting another thread to continue the discussion... Specifically, I stated :

"Closing this thread so that it ends with Mark's message on what's going on and it doesn't head off in a different direction.. Feel free to start another thread to discuss how you think company should move on, etc...

And I am not censoring *anything*! This is a moderated forum and sometimes you split things/end things so that the conversations have better direction and clarity. I don't want mark's message to get lost in the fog..."

jeff

Old 05-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Jeff,

Thanks for clarifying that. I was under the impression Rod held the position of president.

I feel for both those guys, must sure feel like a gut punch right now.

One of the big draws, for me, to these smaller brands is that the people in charge don't mind shooting straight and talking with us commoners about these issues.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Jeff,

Thanks for clarifying that. I was under the impression Rod held the position of president.

I feel for both those guys, must sure feel like a gut punch right now.

One of the big draws, for me, to these smaller brands is that the people in charge don't mind shooting straight and talking with us commoners about these issues.
correction - Looking at latest press release I see - Mark has title of "operations manager". Corrected my post above.

jeff
Old 05-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Here is an article from enduro21 :

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/en...for-bankruptcy

It has statement from U.K. distributor that states parts are still be delivered from the factory....

jeff
Old 05-21-2015, 04:08 PM

I worked for a paper mill that after being in business for over 100 years filed for bankruptcy. During that time there were many layoffs, wage cuts and reduction of force. The major debtor (Bank of America), took over control of the mill and it's finances. During that time, the bank was trying everything in its power to bring profitability back to settle any and all debts and hoping for investors. The bank wanted it's money! Unfortunately, after 16 more months of production, and no investors, the bank had to shut down the mill. Even then, they waited 6 more months hoping for investors. It was then that the mill went into liquidation.

So based off my experience, debtors want to get paid in full. They won't liquify yet. They'll wait to the last minute for any investors to come along. So, in my opinion, there is some hope. They may shut down for a while, but sounds like now they need investors. The bottom line for us riders is that this instills no consumer confidence. I was on the verge of purchasing a new GasGas, but not now. I'm not dropping 8k based off hope. Sucks!
1974 XL125
Old 05-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

So we the consumers will find out in a short time how this is going to end . There is no reason to let this issue drag me down n I have 5 gassers ! What is going to happen will , so be it . I look forward to riding Sunday and will be on one of my Gassers . As a business man I feel sorry for all the people who are counting on GasGas to pay there bills .
Old 05-21-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasxc View Post
Has been painted is what I meant.

This is the time to be 100% upfront about what is happening.
Optimism is a wonderful notion as long as its realistic, and truthful.
People will hold off jumping to another brand if they see a comeback as an option.
But if you bullshit those people at all, one bit especially the way this has unfolded.
Once they are are gone, its gone baby gone.
And alot of Gas Gas riders are fanatical.
Many will feel the same way about the next brand they choose.
Getting them back will not be easy.

Thats what Im saying.
I agree. GG riders are fanatical. Gassers have been sold by word of mouth and certainly not by savy marketing and general decisions by GG, IMHO. We have been told not to worry and now things have taken a turn for the worse. The UK statement was the most insightful source of information. Let's not forget, the riders on this forum did not create this business disaster. As well we are consumers that are searching for accurate information to make a buying/continued ownership decision.

If you don't speak Spanish or Catalon, it is hard to obtain reliable complete information and the exchange of information on this forum among members meets that need. Most riders buy their new bikes from September to December and a lot of people are trying to make a plan whether they intend to buy new GG bike(will new bikes be available?) or a used GG bike(will parts be available?)

IMHO, shutting the threads just makes people become frustrated. GG riders are a minority so it's probably not a good idea to lose the ones that are left. The GG riders already jump through a lot of hoops to ride a GG. You are not going contain the GG insolvency news by restricting information,IMHO.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 05-21-2015, 05:31 PM

My concern is what does this mean for Rod and Mark? Do you guys still have a job as of now? Great people and I hate to see them lose their jobs over this.

I love my bike and I will continue to ride it and buy parts for it until it hits re 200-300 hour mark and then I will buy a new one. If GasGas exists at that point and are still build good bikes that's what I will be on. If not....well I guess I will be on something else (as long as it's not from Austria).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Well said.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
IMHO, shutting the threads just makes people become frustrated. GG riders are a minority so it's probably not a good idea to lose the ones that are left. The GG riders already jump through a lot of hoops to ride a GG. You are not going contain the GG insolvency news by restricting information,IMHO.
Re-read my previous post... I shut one thread so that it ended with the important info and that info didn't get buried. - I did so when someone else tagged onto it and turned the conversation in a different direction. I just tied a bow on it so that the particular thread had a clear conclusion. And I asked that the discussion continue in a different thread.

This is a moderated forum - the conversations can be guided - It is *not* "free speech as guaranteed by the constitution". The threads can be split when they go in a different direction, etc. They can be closed if something is being beaten to death or they can be closed if it will add clarity to the ongoing discussion. This is not a "free fire zone" where anything goes and a moderator can't step in and keep things 'clean'.

I am not restricting information.

That being said - the moderators will step in and close, edit or delete threads if they cross over a line into anything that is disrepectful of others or violates the user agreement in any way, shape or form.

jeff