Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 AM

Default Autoclutch on the 200?

Hi All

Who runs an auto clutch on the 200? I have been offered a used Rekluse Pro, but was going to buy the Revloc Dyna Ring new.

I know the autos work, Im just not convinced on the 200s. Any suggestions from owners of the 200s with or without an auto?

Old 12-07-2010, 07:05 AM

They work fine on Husky 125 and 144's. I run one on my Husky 144. KTM 200's too. I'd think one would be a treat on a Gas Gas 200.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:06 PM

I run an EFM on my wr144 and have a recluse on my GasGas 200,shouldnt be legal to run them in competition!!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:23 AM

As far as I know, Rekluse doesn't offer the z-start pro for a Gas Gas. Your options are the original z-start or the EXP. I have ridden a 200 with both and the EXP is easily the better option for racing or aggressive riding. The z-start works great for trail riding or for less aggressive riders. I raced the 200 with the z-start and it just didn't have enough power for me(180 lbs.) without being able to use the clutch like on the EXP. Much more ridable and race-able for me with the EXP.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:34 AM

I think I should just buy the Dyna Ring new looking at the feedback from 200 racers
Old 12-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanc View Post
I think I should just buy the Dyna Ring new looking at the feedback from 200 racers
where is the feedback you saw? i'm interested in the dyna ring, i had a rekluse on my 200, but never got it where i wanted it. with full clutch ability the dyna ring should be a homerun, but i'm still concerned about the hydraulic preload on the master cylinder...

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 12-09-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
where is the feedback you saw? i'm interested in the dyna ring, i had a rekluse on my 200, but never got it where i wanted it. with full clutch ability the dyna ring should be a homerun, but i'm still concerned about the hydraulic preload on the master cylinder...

The Rekluse EXP is the "homerun" you are looking for, I'm just not a 200 rider. The EXP works awesome. Instant response off idle and still have full clutch use. Rekluse also has excellent technical support.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielm View Post
The Rekluse EXP is the "homerun" you are looking for, I'm just not a 200 rider. The EXP works awesome. Instant response off idle and still have full clutch use. Rekluse also has excellent technical support.
hah, unfortunately i'm not willing to put $900 into a clutch.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 12-09-2010, 02:19 PM

I have some friends who are using the Dynaring in their KTMs and they work very well. I have the EXP in my 2011 300 because it was on the bike when I got it.

If you want a Rekluse pm me and I will give you info on where you can get one for a nice discount. I also think you will be happy with the Dyna ring.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
hah, unfortunately i'm not willing to put $900 into a clutch.
Yeah, a little pricey.......but nice!