Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
Not trying to hijack this train, but i'm getting close to buying a new 300 estart up here in canada eh. Can anyone tell me what the difference's are on the canadian bikes from xc to ec models? I've had an 01 and currently 04 ec 300's and i love these bikes. I'd like to stay with the tried and true ec300,but all i've heard about in estart is the xc so far.???????????
Canadian bikes are really confusing. GG Pacific is ordering some EU spec EC300s with ES and also is ordering some CC models with e-start which is the same as the US XC model. The EU spec bikes are coming with all the street legal stuff on them and Sachs forks and shock. They also come with a EU VIN which in some provinces (Ontario) is extremely difficult to register. I personally will not sell an EU spec bike to any of my customers as the VIN causes too much confusion with the MTO and the insurance companies. Again, this is an Ontario issue and may not affect you in your province, yet.

The CC/XC bikes have simplified wiring harnesses without all the street stuff and come with Marzocchi/Ohlins suspension.

I have the 2011 300ES CC/XC in stock. If you have any specific questions regarding them send me a PM or email.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyR View Post
Canadian bikes are really confusing. GG Pacific is ordering some EU spec EC300s with ES and also is ordering some CC models with e-start which is the same as the US XC model. The EU spec bikes are coming with all the street legal stuff on them and Sachs forks and shock. They also come with a EU VIN which in some provinces (Ontario) is extremely difficult to register. I personally will not sell an EU spec bike to any of my customers as the VIN causes too much confusion with the MTO and the insurance companies. Again, this is an Ontario issue and may not affect you in your province, yet.

The CC/XC bikes have simplified wiring harnesses without all the street stuff and come with Marzocchi/Ohlins suspension.

I have the 2011 300ES CC/XC in stock. If you have any specific questions regarding them send me a PM or email.
Cactus,
I really hate to put this in print but Scotty knows his stuff on GG and he you will be happy with him as a dealer.
Clay
Old 01-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Ummm

Now I am confused (more then normal).

2010's in the U.S do or do not come with a mag pick-up?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husley View Post
Now I am confused (more then normal).

2010's in the U.S do or do not come with a mag pick-up?
Justin: You get the magnet installed in the front brake rotor and power to run a TrailTech, but neither the signal cable or actual computer unit.

There's a thread here somewhere as to which TrailTech to buy (stock on EU bikes) and I believe the KTM/Husaberg pick-up is a direct bolt on.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 01-01-2011, 11:16 PM

Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Justin: You get the magnet installed in the front brake rotor and power to run a TrailTech, but neither the signal cable or actual computer unit.

There's a thread here somewhere as to which TrailTech to buy (stock on EU bikes) and I believe the KTM/Husaberg pick-up is a direct bolt on.
Okay, I got it.........I think ( I am blonde)

So in the end will need a magnet on the wheel, wire up to a computer, and a computer for the system to function. From the factory the bike will ONLY have the magnet?

I plan on running my ICO

Thanks!

J

p.s. emailed you
Old 01-02-2011, 07:45 AM

the stock GasGas magnet has been fine for my watchdog setup on previous bikes,not sure on the new bike,ill check it out next weekend when i pick it up!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Stock magnet on the 2010 powers my ICO with no problems.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:37 AM

Default but

Will I need to purchase the cable that runs from the Caliper up to the computer or is the cable come standard on the U.S. bikes?

Happy New Year

J
Old 01-02-2011, 09:06 AM

bikes probably dont come with a wire,but if you buy a trailtech they come with the wire,as well as any enduro computer
Old 01-02-2011, 11:19 AM

There was no magnet in the rotor on my 2011 250

But the Trail tech set up supplies one that installs in seconds with a C clip on one side