Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 01-21-2019, 11:22 AM

Default Spanish 2 strokes test!

https://youtu.be/F78ypHI_rf8
Old 01-21-2019, 01:03 PM

For those of us that no habla espanol.....what was the verdict?
Old 01-21-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
For those of us that no habla espanol.....what was the verdict?
Roughly, because I do not speak Spanish either:

Track given by Ivan Cervantes;
The track has mixed hardenduro, forest, enduro and cross;
Each manufacturer sent its pilot;
Several criteria were created and so the pilots were scoring through averages;
The bikes were divided into extreme trial bikes and the others on faster bikes in timing;
The concept of GASGAS and SHERCO are different from the concept of KTM and HUSQVARNA;
BETA is on average to work in any direction;
The softness of the KTM and HUSQVARNA engine is ideal for treading, climbing ravines...;
The engine power (power delivery ???) of the KTM and HUSQVARNA is much smaller than the GASGAS and SHERCO, both are softer;
The suspensions of KTM and HUSQVARNA are too soft to attack obstacles;
The gear box of both is very good and helps to draw on the stones;
GASGAS has the most impressive, progressive and powerful engine, but its gearbox is not as refined as the other competitors, but it is the most complete motorcycle;
SHERCO goes in the same line, but with a less powerful and less progressive motor;
BETA has a less powerful and less powerful engine than GASGAS and SHERCO, but stronger than KTM and HUSQVARNA;
BETA is a middle of the road, but with the suspension they did not go well on the rocks and do not work on the cross, but despite that it was world champion.

I think that's it!

My PORTUSPANISH is miserable.

If any native Spanish wants to correct, feel free!
Old 01-22-2019, 01:06 PM

I don't speak a word of the language but you only needed to watch the KYB suspension handle the obstacles, especially the rock gardens, to see that the GG handling is well ahead of the rest of the field..

The Sachs Beta suspension is total garbage and has, IMHO, robbed the Betas of a lot of their potential. Beta must have ploughed millions into Sachs instead of going straight to a known good OEM suspension supplier. As the old saying goes, you can't polish a turd.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfHucker View Post
I don't speak a word of the language but you only needed to watch the KYB suspension handle the obstacles, especially the rock gardens, to see that the GG handling is well ahead of the rest of the field..

The Sachs Beta suspension is total garbage and has, IMHO, robbed the Betas of a lot of their potential. Beta must have ploughed millions into Sachs instead of going straight to a known good OEM suspension supplier. As the old saying goes, you can't polish a turd.
"you can't polish a turd"!!!:
Old 06-29-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASGASCWB View Post
"you can't polish a turd"!!!:
But you can roll it in glitter
Old 01-22-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfHucker View Post

Go ride an ?18 Beta 2-t & tell me it?s ?garbage?. The OC fork is greatly improved over previous models & will work fine for trail riding for the majority of riders.

I?ve had a KYB SSS fork on a previous Beta & my ?18 RR300 with a Sachs OC fork doesn?t make me miss that set up one little bit. It?s compliant, smooth & easy as to work on.

Are Sachs on Beta as good as KYB? No. But neither are the fork & shock ?total garbage?.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:04 PM

I always thought the Beta had the most powerful(torque wise) motor. If Beta had KYB & tidied up the electrical/OI side of things they'd be unstoppable!