Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:25 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Copeland now on a GASGAS!

GASGAS Motos North America is very excited to announce Ms. Ashley Copeland will be racing a EC300R for the remainder of the 2014 GNCC series (Expert Women?s class) and select rounds of the National Enduro and Virginia Hare Scrambles Series!

Considered to be one of the top women riders in cross country racing, Copeland will be receiving tech support thru GASGAS dealer Fred Jensen of Wilmington Powersports, Wilmington NC (pictured here with Copeland) and Richard Wilson of Cannon House of Horsepower in Oklahoma City, OK.

Keep watching the GGMNA Facebook and website for race reports.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-04-2014, 07:03 AM

Great news! We'll be watching for results
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 08-04-2014, 07:06 AM

We had our "test day" this weekend, just outside of Wilmington NC. Poured down the rain all day long, but from all indications, she and the EC300R will get along just fine
Old 08-04-2014, 07:19 AM

If you had tp pick a fast one , you got the right one .. That little girl (woman now) would blast by me during the long races back when I was in the C class..and believe me when I say she and Sarah Baldwin grew up riding together and are both high up in skill and speed categories at this point in the game....
]| DUAL SPORT ARMORY Suspension
]| Hampton Roads HVAC.com Contracting

"You mean I have to put oil on the gas too?"
" Where is Kutcher ?"
Old 08-04-2014, 08:04 AM

Agreed JD. Ashley is showing unbelievable speed and just plain ole buttery smooth on the bike. It will be good for all of us to have this young lady not only fly the GG flag at GNCC but also National Enduro's this fall. Please, if you see her at an event, walk up and introduce yourself.

For those who haven't kept up with women's expert lap times at GNCC...these ladies are flat out hauling!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Agreed JD. Ashley is showing unbelievable speed and just plain ole buttery smooth on the bike. It will be good for all of us to have this young lady not only fly the GG flag at GNCC but also National Enduro's this fall. Please, if you see her at an event, walk up and introduce yourself.

For those who haven't kept up with women's expert lap times at GNCC...these ladies are flat out hauling!!!
& Mark, get that girl some better looking gear!
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 08-04-2014, 01:29 PM

Rod just wanted to say thanks for putting in all the hard work on this. Ashley welcome to the team!
Old 08-04-2014, 09:41 PM

I would expect a 200 or maybe a 250. She is on a 300! Huge props to her and her riding skills. She must be a bad ass to handle that. You go girl! I have rode with a few top female riders. Love it every time. To see women kick ass at this sport is just awesome.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Powersports View Post
Rod just wanted to say thanks for putting in all the hard work on this. Ashley welcome to the team!
Thanks Matt but more so...thanks to Fred Jensen & staff at Wilmington Powersports, Richard Wilson at Cannon / House of Horsepower, and Freddy Simpson and family.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
I would expect a 200 or maybe a 250. She is on a 300! Huge props to her and her riding skills. She must be a bad ass to handle that. You go girl! I have rode with a few top female riders. Love it every time. To see women kick ass at this sport is just awesome.
Most folks would have thought the same thing....but Ashley has allot of experience with a 300. Short shifts it and lets the torque carry her turn to turn, but also has the skills and strength to scream its lungs out when needed. To watch this young lady ride is simply amazing.