Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
that is what i have always been told on clip position... start in the middle..

i have also learned on my 01 anyway, it is easier to pull the fuel tank and take the carb out up thru the frame..

this table on clip position always made sense to me

Thank you!

Old 10-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

you bet.. glad to help...
Old 10-23-2012, 08:20 PM

Make sure that the plastic retainer that goes on the end of the throttle cable after the spring is seated in the slot on the needle "bolt" the little 6mm screw that sucures the needle into the slide. I have seen those not seated properly and will throw you way off track... thinking the jetting is not correct.

Just my.02

Jay,,,nice chart you posted.

Thanks
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Make sure that the plastic retainer that goes on the end of the throttle cable after the spring is seated in the slot on the needle "bolt" the little 6mm screw that sucures the needle into the slide. I have seen those not seated properly and will throw you way off track... thinking the jetting is not correct.

Just my.02

Jay,,,nice chart you posted.

Thanks
Shit hot advice! Best case scenario is that it'll be difficult to jet. Worst case it'll pull the cable out of the slide at the most inappropriate time! Give the spring a little twist left and then right as it drops down under its own force. If its not already in the groove you'll see/hear/feel the definite click as it locates.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
the "bolt" the little 6mm screw that sucures the needle into the slide.
Ahhhhhh! it is a tiny bolt. I stared at it, fiddled with it, and nearly had a go with a large hammer. I don't believe I was born in the deep end of the gene pool, when small delicate hands are required to work on things like carbs The jetting, as I found it, in my new Gasser carb...
175 main jet
35 pilot jet
#8 slide

The needle is unconfirmed, since I was unsuccessful figuring it out, on my own. Either way, I still need the #7 slide from the Kawi. I just figured out what I thought was a lowly owner's manual, is in fact a service manual. It's full of all kinds of information. I guess I should have flipped through, anyway. Hand written notes, include:
180 main
35 pilot
N1EF #2 clip from top
#7 slide
On the next page, handwritten:
180 main
35 pilot
N1EG top clip
#6 valve cut slide
To me these only mean that more than person, or same person were making carb magic...I don't know. I barely understand the corralation between these parts. At least I know this much, so far. Now I have to figure out the needle question.

Last edited by bowhunter007; 10-24-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

The needle will have the code etched into it just below the clips. They can be a little hard to read at times.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
The needle will have the code etched into it just below the clips. They can be a little hard to read at times.
yes they are.. i usually have to get a magnifiing glass to read them.. (insert old eyes here...)
my 01 came factory with a 35 pilot .. i had never seen a pilot that small....
mine had a n1ee in it..factory

rick.. thanks.. i love that chart..
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM

Is there some sort of magic trick to removing the needle, from the slide? I am missing something, don't know what. I would rather not break anything
Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Stolen from an earlier post on DBW today!

You need to use one hand to bind up the spring and plastic retainer towards the top of the throttle cable. Then push in slightly and the cable will come out of the locating groove in the 6mm retainer.

Once you have the slide out you need a 6mm socket to undo the retainer in the top of the slide. Tip it upside down and the needle and clip slide out as one. To remove the clip I like to put the needle on a clean solid surface and gentle push each side of the clip unti it starts to pop off. Be careful not to launch it into the abyss!

Putting it back together is the opposite. Take care not to over tighten the 6mm retainer in the slide. Bind the spring up and make sure the cable slides in and mounts properly into the slide. Then when you let the spring back down make sure the little lug in the plastic part locates into the groove in the 6mm retainer. Test the throttle action before taking off for a test ride!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Stolen from an earlier post on DBW today!

You need to use one hand to bind up the spring and plastic retainer towards the top of the throttle cable. Then push in slightly and the cable will come out of the locating groove in the 6mm retainer.

Once you have the slide out you need a 6mm socket to undo the retainer in the top of the slide. Tip it upside down and the needle and clip slide out as one. To remove the clip I like to put the needle on a clean solid surface and gentle push each side of the clip unti it starts to pop off. Be careful not to launch it into the abyss!

Putting it back together is the opposite. Take care not to over tighten the 6mm retainer in the slide. Bind the spring up and make sure the cable slides in and mounts properly into the slide. Then when you let the spring back down make sure the little lug in the plastic part locates into the groove in the 6mm retainer. Test the throttle action before taking off for a test ride!
Outstanding! 2am comes quick, so the carb is again a "tomorrow" deal. Thanks all, for the much needed help.