Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:46 PM

Motosportz emailed me and said he could hook me up. Kelly is a great guy with awesome customer service.

A fellow member offered up his WER and I took him up on his offer.

Like I said, the stabilizer isn't something I feel I need most of the time, but when you get into those rock gardens at speed or hit that off camber root, it really can save you. I'm still pretty sore from my rocky get off a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to running the WER!

Thanks Todd!

Old 07-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

On my 05 200 I run a WER and noticed a difference from before to after . Still suck in the eastern pa rocks !
Old 07-07-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
Motosportz emailed me and said he could hook me up. Kelly is a great guy with awesome customer service.

A fellow member offered up his WER and I took him up on his offer.

Like I said, the stabilizer isn't something I feel I need most of the time, but when you get into those rock gardens at speed or hit that off camber root, it really can save you. I'm still pretty sore from my rocky get off a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to running the WER!

Thanks Todd!
I'm curious how it's working for you. I had an Enduro last weekend in Wisconsin that was pretty rocky by my standards, but by the time I got to the rocky sections I was too tired to carry any speed through them.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:20 AM

I've got it mounted up, but haven't had a chance to ride yet. Heading out on Friday for a good test. I'll post a follow up. Im sure its going to be noticeable in the NW rocks and roots!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 PM

Did a nice little rip today to test out the WER. I found it very noticeable. Did a comparison through the same stretch of singletrack. Had 3 log crossings and 4 little rock gardens with fist size loose and larger embedded rocks.

I started with it cranked all of the way. Reminded me of my Scott's. Very noticeably stable but slows down the quick turning of the 200.

Then backed it off to 1 turn out. This is what WER recommends for their enduro riders. It lets the bike turn quicker. It's barely noticeable.

Finally ran it at 1 1/2 turns out. Seems to be a happy medium. Still has that quick turning, but you can feel it working.

I also jumped on my sons EC200 with no stabilizer and it is very noticeable without one! Deflection and bars yanked hard once in the rocks.

Very pleaded to have a stabilizer again!

Thanks again Todd!
Old 07-21-2014, 01:46 PM

Another good test for the stabilizer the other day. This area is loaded with roots. You come around a tight corner and have large exposed roots crossing the trail that a mostly off camber. I know for sure the stabilizer saved me several times from the bars twisting badly out if my hands.

Did some nice downhills too with rocks and roots. The WER just gives you the security of charging knowing that the bars aren't going to twist sharply on you.

Thanks again Todd!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:09 PM

Glad you like it. Maybe I should have played with the settings more, but I haven't had any problems without out it. I did an enduro two weeks ago that involved a long dried up creek bed. By the time I got to it I was too tired to carry any speed through it.