Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 08-30-2014, 08:59 PM

So I have an opportunity to buy a new cast carb for my 13 300. Unused. The previous owner of my bike recently got it in.

Cheaper than retail. Should I go for it?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:37 PM

well after 1331 reply's to the smart carb question, i know what my answer will be-why bother? when i first started reading this thread, the smart carb was the answer to all the "issues" people were having about jetting the gasser's. it's really not that hard to get a gasser to run well with a khein carb. just my 2 cents worth. i'll be out riding,not jetting with a keyboard if anyone wants to contact me. enjoy the new simple smart carb.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:03 PM

Hey all, just got a new 38mm cast smartcarb.

Getting ready to put it on... Will the factory throttle cable work with this carb?
Old 09-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Has anyone had contact w/ Corey recently? Still waiting on my cast unit.
He hasn't responded to e-mail.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john r b View Post
Has anyone had contact w/ Corey recently? Still waiting on my cast unit.
He hasn't responded to e-mail.
john, for some reason my account expired and I can't read your PM's. I've re-registered, so feel free to correspond through PM's here if you like. After the convoluted nightmare and continual delays of the cast pre purchase program a typo put you down as cancelled and your carb was not shipped. Apologize, I personally test and had one shipped to you yesterday.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
well after 1331 reply's to the smart carb question, i know what my answer will be-why bother? when i first started reading this thread, the smart carb was the answer to all the "issues" people were having about jetting the gasser's. it's really not that hard to get a gasser to run well with a khein carb. just my 2 cents worth. i'll be out riding,not jetting with a keyboard if anyone wants to contact me. enjoy the new simple smart carb.
It's easy to be critical of something you have never even seen or experienced.

It's no secret manufacturing issues put a damper on the first run of cast SC's and that slowed things down a bit. What is not understood by most in the dirtbike community is that we are certifying carbs right now for on road use in the US without the need of precious metal catalysts. Unprecedented. The SC is also the only mechanical fuel system that can atomize Diesel and military spec JP fuels and we have several pending contracts for military outboard applications. It would be altogether to easy to just step away from off road dirtbikes and it would probably not even affect our bottom line. This is a passion play folks and we approached the dirt bike community first because we knew this is a product that is very much needed in this world. I've ordered 500 more each of the Cast 36, 38 and 40mms. So just keep tuning on that Keihin, before long the SC equipped bikes will be mopping the floor with anything less. 2 and 4 strokes.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyd View Post

It's no secret manufacturing issues put a damper on the first run of cast SC's and that slowed things down a bit. What is not understood by most in the dirtbike community is that we are certifying carbs right now for on road use in the US without the need of precious metal catalysts. Unprecedented. The SC is also the only mechanical fuel system that can atomize Diesel and military spec JP fuels and we have several pending contracts for military outboard applications. It would be altogether to easy to just step away from off road dirtbikes and it would probably not even affect our bottom line. This is a passion play folks and we approached the dirt bike community first because we knew this is a product that is very much needed in this world. I've ordered 500 more each of the Cast 36, 38 and 40mms. So just keep tuning on that Keihin, before long the SC equipped bikes will be mopping the floor with anything less. 2 and 4 strokes.
Just installed my cast version last night... Hopefully you'll stick around and be active here so I can reach out to ya in the event I have questions!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst96se View Post
Just installed my cast version last night... Hopefully you'll stick around and be active here so I can reach out to ya in the event I have questions!
Yep, have my account up and running again.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:

You have the cast 36's coming soon?? I've been patiently waiting for them......
Thank you for responding to this thread and updating us a bit.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:

Like others, I've been following this thread and waiting for good news on consistent delivery and positive endoresments of the cast SC before ordering.

To date, I've not seen that ... maybe I'm missing something?

If delivering SCs to the off-road M/C community is neither your core focus, nor key to your business model at this point in time, then maybe you shouldn't bother? If you think you're doing us a favour by letting us send you money for a product that has a pretty sketchy delivery schedule, and some reported issues, wow!

It may be the bomb, but unless you can deliver it as promised, I'll never know.

Given the history, I'll wait patiently and let others jump first ...

Just saying.